Virgin Gorda Escape - Spring Bay

pezie

When we were planning our cruise there wasn't much information about this NCL excursion, so I thought I would share. 

Virgin Gorda Escape 4.5 hrs 
They took us by ferry to Spring Bay National Park. We had about 3 hours of free time. It is a beautiful uncrowded beach, very similar to the Baths but without the crowds.  There were huge boulders around the shore with a few areas to walk through and some shallow pools. You could walk further for an even larger beach area.  The snorkeling was great; the water was so clear. 

They bring in portable toilets and a lady who makes and sell hot dogs and chips.

It is pricier but worth not having the crowds and being able to move at our own pace.  We loved this excursion.

Yes, that is a newer excursion. Spring Bay is home to a condo/apartment property but has never had any amenities for visitors. The topography is somewhat similar to the Baths, but the experience in the boulders is not as, dramatic, say, as the Baths.

Did the cruise line provide any kind of amenities for your time in Spring Bay? Or did you walk to the Top of the Baths or Mad Dog’s for that?

•  

On 3/28/2024 at 1:42 PM, blue_water said:

Yes, that is a newer excursion. Spring Bay is home to a condo/apartment property but has never had any amenities for visitors. The topography is somewhat similar to the Baths, but the experience in the boulders is not as, dramatic, say, as the Baths.

Did the cruise line provide any kind of amenities for your time in Spring Bay? Or did you walk to the Top of the Baths or Mad Dog’s for that?

•  

Sorry for the delay, I just saw my reply didn't go through.

The company they used for the excursion brought in a portable toilet.  They also arranged for a lady that comes in and sells hotdogs on the beach.  It wasn't included in the price.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 9:32 AM, pezie said:

When we were planning our cruise there wasn't much information about this NCL excursion, so I thought I would share. 

Virgin Gorda Escape 4.5 hrs 
They took us by ferry to Spring Bay National Park. We had about 3 hours of free time. It is a beautiful uncrowded beach, very similar to the Baths but without the crowds.  There were huge boulders around the shore with a few areas to walk through and some shallow pools. You could walk further for an even larger beach area.  The snorkeling was great; the water was so clear. 

They bring in portable toilets and a lady who makes and sell hot dogs and chips.

It is pricier but worth not having the crowds and being able to move at our own pace.  We loved this excursion.

Thank you so much for this info! Do you have any idea why NCL restricts the age on this (and literally every baths excursion) to 5 years old? The only thing I can think of is the walking, which isn't an issue for us. 

Thanks! 

38 minutes ago, COcruise said:

Thank you so much for this info! Do you have any idea why NCL restricts the age on this (and literally every baths excursion) to 5 years old? The only thing I can think of is the walking, which isn't an issue for us. 

Thanks! 

I don't know.  The walk down to this beach is fairly easy, just a small sandy slope in spots that they did tell us to go slow so we didn't slip.

Do you think it might be due to transportation and not being able to do child safety seats?

After the ferry, we rode in an open air bus/trolly type thing - similar to the taxis in St. Thomas.

But still, you could probably go ages 3+ with that reasoning.