Riviera cabin 7067 Noise from Bar below???

D. B.

We just booked a Japan cruise on Riviera for next March.

Looking at the deck plan I see that our Deluxe Ocean View stateroom 7067 is directly above the Mattini Bar!

Can anyone with experience in one of these Deck 7 staterooms Tell Me if the Noise from the Bar below is a problem?

We are retire early and are concerned about possible noise.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Looking at the deck plan I see that our Deluxe Ocean View stateroom 7067 is directly above the Mattini Bar!

Can anyone with experience in one of these Deck 7 staterooms Tell Me if the Noise from the Bar below is a problem?

Following is a post I found from several years back with regard to 7069 on Marina, which has same layout as Riviera

• QQRZZA
  • September 20, 2005
  • Belton, TX

There is no obstruction and a clear view. It is the best possible "oceanview" arrangement that I have ever seen. The rooms are identical to the balcony rooms, but without the balcony. We have been on the 7th floor on Marina twice. Be sure to check the location of your proposed cabin. Earlier this month we were in 7069 on Marina. Turns out it is above Martini's. In the evenings, the noise penetrates significantly from the sound system just below. They have an amplified sound system throughout Martinis, with speakers mounted in the cieling. When they have a band, a singer or even some of the piano performances, it is rather loud in 7069, and maybe others. A call to the front desk was met with .....nothing. Best to avoid areas over loud entertainment, if that type of thing bothers you. We had a singer one night who started at 10:45pm and went on until about midnight. It was very loud. My mistake, I should have been alert to a possible issue. Next time!!

Edited by EJL2023

To be noted, in that same thread someone else stated they had been in 7073 and did not hear a peep.  Not sure if anything could have been done to address this issue when the Riviera was retrofitted or not. 

38 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

To be noted, in that same thread someone else stated they had been in 7073 and did not hear a peep.  Not sure if anything could have been done to address this issue when the Riviera was retrofitted or not. 

Thank you for the replies!

As the one above is from 2012 I would hope to hear from a more recent experience.

I could cancel the booking in the next few days if it turns out that the noise issue is still there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2024 at 2:31 PM, D. B. said:

Martinis is usually quite quiet. Most Oceania cruisers aren't partners. The Piano bar in Martinis wraps up by 10ish. You're going to be fine.

On 4/3/2024 at 3:11 PM, EJL2023 said:

Following is a post I found from several years back with regard to 7069 on Marina, which has same layout as Riviera

• QQRZZA
  • September 20, 2005
  • Belton, TX

There is no obstruction and a clear view. It is the best possible "oceanview" arrangement that I have ever seen. The rooms are identical to the balcony rooms, but without the balcony. We have been on the 7th floor on Marina twice. Be sure to check the location of your proposed cabin. Earlier this month we were in 7069 on Marina. Turns out it is above Martini's. In the evenings, the noise penetrates significantly from the sound system just below. They have an amplified sound system throughout Martinis, with speakers mounted in the cieling. When they have a band, a singer or even some of the piano performances, it is rather loud in 7069, and maybe others. A call to the front desk was met with .....nothing. Best to avoid areas over loud entertainment, if that type of thing bothers you. We had a singer one night who started at 10:45pm and went on until about midnight. It was very loud. My mistake, I should have been alert to a possible issue. Next time!!

Seriously? Never heard a "band" in Martinis   it's a piano Bar .

8 hours ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Martinis is usually quite quiet. Most Oceania cruisers aren't partners. The Piano bar in Martinis wraps up by 10ish. You're going to be fine.

Thank you for the reply.

you probably meant to say that Most Oceania cruisers aren’t Partiers.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Thank you for the reply.

you probably meant to say that Most Oceania cruisers aren’t Partiers.

Oops. You're definitely cirrect. Thank you. 

Martini's can go until midnight, but rarely does because most of their clientele aren't late night people. It is usually piano music with an occasional singer. Had one guy who played a trumpet for one song (though there were repeats of it one evening). I don't even think he was loud enough to be heard.

16 hours ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Seriously? Never heard a "band" in Martinis   it's a piano Bar .

Yea, I know. Just what those people posted. And they also mentioned to them it was loud when just the piano player.