Private tour starting from Port of Rosyth - meeting place?

Hi! I am organizing a private group tour with Rabbie’s Tours for some pax on our roll call and the tourguide/driver will pick us up at the Port of Rosyth. Where can I direct the driver to meet us/pick us up? The Head Office is requesting an address. When I google it, here is what I get:

Port of Rosyth, Fife Place, Rosyth, Dunfermline, Scotland, KY11 2XP

I would like to provide better information so we are not scrambling to find our driver when we dock! 

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Hi! I am organizing a private group tour with Rabbie’s Tours for some pax on our roll call and the tourguide/driver will pick us up at the Port of Rosyth. Where can I direct the driver to meet us/pick us up? The Head Office is requesting an address. When I google it, here is what I get:

Port of Rosyth, Fife Place, Rosyth, Dunfermline, Scotland, KY11 2XP

I would like to provide better information so we are not scrambling to find our driver when we dock! 

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Rosyth is an industrial port with a security gate here: https://maps.app.goo.gl/3kJRjNPa8ses1tZk8

The staff at the gate will direct them to the best location to pick you up, which could change depending on which berth the ship is on.

image.thumb.png.89fb19e9b404d7416c8852fc8e427e0c.png

Edited by fruitmachine

Thank you for your quick response! How close will the car and/or driver be able to get to the ship, or dockside if we are standing just off the gangplank? Maybe you would call that quayside?

1 minute ago, PhD-iva said:

Thank you for your quick response! How close will the car and/or driver be able to get to the ship, or dockside if we are standing just off the gangplank? Maybe you would call that quayside?

I don't have direct experience, and I think that will depend on the specific circumstances on the day, but if there is a need for disabled access then reasonable provision will be made.

4 hours ago, Thejuggler said:

Rabbie's are a long established tour company that do dozens of tours every year. I am surprised they have not told you where you need to meet them.  

Their tours meet in Edinburgh, about an hour away from Rosyth port by bus. Their single departure time for the Hadrian’s wall tour is at 8AM (meet 15 minutes prior) however our port arrival time is scheduled for 8AM, so we can’t take the general tour.

Thanks for your response!

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Where can I direct the driver to meet us/pick us up?

Unsure if this will be helpful or not, but throwing it into the mix anyway.

This is a recent post I added to a thread when someone was asking about Rosyth and might be helpful to read, you only need ignore the parts which have no relevance for you. Post #4

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2992278-new-to-fred-olsen-and-rosyth-departure/#comment-67023712

A couple of points.

Yes, there is a building used on turnaround days but Rosyth is a working port and I do not know what that building is used for at other times.

Use of the bus for the teeny tiny short transfer to the ship was mandatory, as walking was not permitted.

I do not know where shorex coaches, drivers  and guides meet on days when ships have only a port call as opposed to embarkation, but they must meet somewhere close to the ship and it may be that you could contact the Port Authorities at Rosyth to ask your question as they will be the ones who know.  I looked and there is an e-mail contact form on the website

https://www.forthports.co.uk/our-ports/rosyth/

Edited by edinburgher

7 hours ago, edinburgher said:

Unsure if this will be helpful or not, but throwing it into the mix anyway.

This is a recent post I added to a thread when someone was asking about Rosyth and might be helpful to read, you only need ignore the parts which have no relevance for you. Post #4

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2992278-new-to-fred-olsen-and-rosyth-departure/#comment-67023712

A couple of points.

Yes, there is a building used on turnaround days but Rosyth is a working port and I do not know what that building is used for at other times.

Use of the bus for the teeny tiny short transfer to the ship was mandatory, as walking was not permitted.

I do not know where shorex coaches, drivers  and guides meet on days when ships have only a port call as opposed to embarkation, but they must meet somewhere close to the ship and it may be that you could contact the Port Authorities at Rosyth to ask your question as they will be the ones who know.  I looked and there is an e-mail contact form on the website

https://www.forthports.co.uk/our-ports/rosyth/

Thx! This is very helpful. I did hear back from Rabbie’s Tours, and they seemed satisfied with the information I had provided (from this thread).

Thx to all who have helped!

• Like 1