Disappointed With Viking

loafin

Disappointed With Viking. 
We just sailed France’s Finest, with the 2nd week being Lyon to Provence. I’ve never complained about Viking before, however, I am now. The water level on the Rhone was very high: I fully understand that this is not within Viking’s control. As an example, the Steam Train Ride departed in the rain when we encountered a rock landslide such that we had to back up to return to the station. No complaints here on that - the situation was explained. 
@My complaint is that the Viking Staff managed and communicated the high water situation poorly. Despite heavy rain early in the cruise there was no forwarning that itinerary changes could be possible. Days 5, 6 & 7 were so severely impacted such that the boat couldn’t cruise. We received little information, and that information often changed. On 3 separate occasions all passengers had to do a mandatory evacuation of the ship onto buses. 2 of these occurred in one day and 2 required all to be off the boat by 7:30 am yet the buses did not start moving until much later. During one evacuation we were told all passengers had to go to a wine tasting yet when we disembarked there was another option available - we were not told this. Plans changed but we were not informed with accurate information in a timely manner. The last evacuation was extended until mid evening. Unsure why. Elderly passengers struggled to keep up. On return of the last evacuation the coach dropped all passengers off in the evening a good 20 minutes away from the ship and everyone had to walk back to the boat! That’s right - we were not dropped off back at the boat. The kicker? The evening before disembarcation there was no word by any staff. No ‘thank you for sailing with us’. No ‘safe travels’. No ‘We apologise for your inconvenience’. Nothing. 
We will be speaking with customer service upon our return home.