Carnival Glory Transatlantic April18-May 2

Hub app is hosed again. It works for some but many (like me), can't check in for brunch. Work around is a traffic jam of  people milling around the entrance getting manually checked in. When I asked how long for a private table, all the hostess could say was more than 20 minutes. I suspect many more. Sharing tables wouldn't take long.

I'm going to walk around and see if the app notifies me or not. If I miss it, oh well. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Picture is displaying sideways. An inside view of one of the nightstands with the new lamps.

Oh I see.  The lamp goes down into the nightstand?  So you pretty much can't use the nightstands for storing much?  Oh well.  I think it was smart to add plug-ins, and I would prefer the storage space, but I tend to leave things behind when I use supplied storage.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dlphn501 said:

Oh I see.  The lamp goes down into the nightstand?  So you pretty much can't use the nightstands for storing much?  Oh well.  I think it was smart to add plug-ins, and I would prefer the storage space, but I tend to leave things behind when I use supplied storage.

There is still storage space - 75% or more of what was?

• Thanks 2

Guess I can back up to the beginning now. For a while, thought we weren't going to make the cruise - our flight was supposed to be non-stop from Dallas to Barcelona, and everything started out fine until the Captain mumbled something about a check engine light on. There was one maintenance guy and then two, some software being download from who knows where, yada yada. To get to the punchline, they couldn't get the light to go out and American had a spare 787 we could use, so passengers and luggage transferred to the new plane and we were off, albeit 4 hours late.

Whew.

OTOH, I am eligible for American Flagship lounges which have better food and an open bar compared with the regular American lounges. and we did!

• Like 4

Next stop, Barcelona. I had prearranged for a driver to pick us up and was pleased when the company tracked my flight, knew we would be hours late, and still had a driver at the airport waiting for us. Glad I didn't have to fool with that after the delay and long flight.

We stayed at the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel - first time I tried it. I had gotten a good price on a room, so why not. It is a really nice hotel and we could see the cruise ship from our window the next day.

Somehow my Euros weren't in my carry on so must be still at home.  First order was find an ATM. Done. Then find a liquor store. I was going to walk to a real one, but decided a convenience store was good enough. Done. Fading fast, room service was in order for dinner.

hmm. some photos didn't get backed up - may have to get those later.

anyway...

_DSC8534_DxO.thumb.jpg.c5596892a22a7876b0e7150ad56e9b74.jpg

View from the hotel

_DSC8535_DxO.thumb.jpg.816055c133e55b23e190be698b990301.jpg

_DSC8539_DxO.thumb.jpg.868072de849592131ec47a76611d44d5.jpg

_DSC8540_DxO.thumb.jpg.b934ef8fce2aeccae11affccebe16b1b.jpg

_DSC8541_DxO.thumb.jpg.830b13aafe3e99640b7fad07ae36b490.jpg

_DSC8545_DxO.thumb.jpg.26fba3dd8a2e0d38235cac4e32b4f064.jpg

_DSC8543_DxO.thumb.jpg.5429654825a5da15fdf9f0f029fd265d.jpg

• Like 6