Best way to get to the cathedral in Trondheim

First: print a map of Trondheim at www.Whatsinport.com. Leaving the terminal, walk straight on along the water till you cross the road (Brattorkaie?)parallel to the cruise quai. Somewhere to the right or left (sorry) is a bus stop (we stopped him in the middle of the road 😉). Bus 25 brings you to the center right in front of the office of the buscompany. From there quite regular transportation to the cathedral.  I am so sorry that  I cannot mention those busnumbers nor the normally low price. We could not pay that day with money nor with cards (digital systems.....and the drivers said: just sit down....it's OK). Public transport in Trondheim is very good. Trondheim is a very nice city, but if you would like to visit the surroundings: go with the tram at St Gustavsgate to Lian and back. At the office of the bus/tramcompany we bought tickets for a very nice 1,5 hour tour and paid NOK 22 per person).  And I visited the cathedral and the other buildings once with a daughter and once with DH; absolutely worthwhile.

• Thanks 1

It's approximately a 20 minute walk. You can take the 25-bus from Brattøra to Nidarosdomen, it costs 43 NOK if you buy the ticket in advance, 63 NOK if you pay on board the bus. If you are a group, it may be cheapest with a taxi or a bolt. A taxi will be around 250 NOK, a Bolt will be cheaper. For taxis Trøndertaxi and Norgestaxi are trusted companies.

If you dock at Ila it will be a longer walk, and a more expensive taxi ride.

I also reccomend a walk through Bakklandet if you have the opportunity https://visittrondheim.no/en/activities-attractions/neighbourhoods/bakklandet/

• Thanks 1