Le Havre, Juno Beach and Good Friday

musicismylife

We will be on a Transatlantic cruise next April and the day we are in port at Le Havre happens to be Good Friday. We are hoping to rent a car and visit Juno Beach and Canada House that day. Does anyone know if things will be open on Good Friday? Here in Canada, everything is closed that day, so we aren't sure about France.

Thanks!

I had a look on the relevant website and could not find the answer to your qu, but here is their contact info. Website is available in either French or English. 

We ve been to this museum, as my dad in a British Navy LST landed Canadians at Juno on 6 June, very moving and a beautiful museum. greatly recommend. 

https://www.junobeach.org/practical-information/

Centre Juno Beach
Voie des Français Libres, BP 104 
14470 Courseulles-sur-Mer, France

Tel: (33) (0)2.31.37.32.17
Fax: (33) (0)2.31.37.83.69
Email: contact@junobeach.org

GPS Coordinates:
49°20'11.52"N / 0°27'42.52"W

Good Friday isn't a public holiday in most of France so shops should be open (unless they've decided to close or do earlier hours on their own accord). 

Based on the website I'd assume that the museum is open, but agree you may want to contact for more info. Even if the museum isn't open, you can walk the beach on your own

Helen/Jim, Just saw your post and very interested about your tour to Juno Beach and Canada House. Is this a private tour as I was not able to find anything on the Holland American Site? We are from St. Albert Albert, just north of Edmonton.

We decided to end our cruise short in Dover and spending a couple days in Canterbury before heading to London for a week.