Sky Aft?

Cdude

Princess gave me substantial FCC for numerous issues on a recent Sun sailing, so I’ll be sailing with them again after all. I need help with noise and bed location, please.

I am looking at booking Premium Deluxe Balcony - Aft on Sky. I can select cabins on deck 15 (Marina) and deck 14 (Riviera). I’m wondering if the noise from deck 16 (Lido) would be annoying since that is the wake pool area? Also, can people in the wake pool or on the Lido look down on either deck 15 or 14? It looks like Marina deck cabins are mostly covered and shielded from anyone trying to look down,

Also, Princess site deck plans say all 4 cabins in this category on deck 14 have the balcony door blocked when sofa bed is in use, so the sofa is by the balcony. They do not describe the 2 cabins on deck 15 as having this restriction so is it safe to assume the bed will be closer to the balcony on deck 15? How reliable are the Princess deck plans on their site? I’m interested in a cabin with the bed near the balcony.

TIA!

1 hour ago, Cdude said:

Princess gave me substantial FCC for numerous issues on a recent Sun sailing, so I’ll be sailing with them again after all. I need help with noise and bed location, please.

I am looking at booking Premium Deluxe Balcony - Aft on Sky. I can select cabins on deck 15 (Marina) and deck 14 (Riviera). I’m wondering if the noise from deck 16 (Lido) would be annoying since that is the wake pool area? Also, can people in the wake pool or on the Lido look down on either deck 15 or 14? It looks like Marina deck cabins are mostly covered and shielded from anyone trying to look down,

Also, Princess site deck plans say all 4 cabins in this category on deck 14 have the balcony door blocked when sofa bed is in use, so the sofa is by the balcony. They do not describe the 2 cabins on deck 15 as having this restriction so is it safe to assume the bed will be closer to the balcony on deck 15? How reliable are the Princess deck plans on their site? I’m interested in a cabin with the bed near the balcony.

TIA!

We have been in those cabins on sister ships and can confirm the sofa is always by the balcony.  And yes, you will have noise up on the Marina deck right under a public deck but you shouldn’t have any issues on the Riviera deck.  
The Princess deck plans are pretty reliable.  Some of these aft cabins have larger balconies.  Yes, some people can see down onto your balcony from above but honestly, I’ve never seen anyone make a habit of staring.  Plus, they can’t see you if you are sitting back near the sliding door.  
One issue we have encountered is soot on our balcony.  The room stewards are fastidious about keeping it clean .. just don’t wear white and sit down on your balcony chair without a putting a towel down first.   

To see actual photos of the cabins you are looking to book, you can check out cruisedeckplans.com 

2 hours ago, Cdude said:

TIA!

First, I am assuming this if for two people and not 3 or 4 in the cabin.  If you do a mock booking, and select 3 passengers, you may find some Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins available on the other decks as well.  Often times they are not selectable, but can be booked as a guarantee.  Decks 8, 10, and 12 have small, uncovered balconies.  Decks 9 and 11 have large, partially (at least half) covered balconies.   We were in D730 on the Sky last November and it was an awesome cabin.  If you find that cabins on decks 9 and 11 are available, Princess can book you in those if the agent knows what they are doing.  If you are using a CVP or TA, provide them with the cabin number and have them try and book it.   You can also book it yourself online by booking with three people in the cabin and then calling Princess and having them drop the third passenger.  I have done this quite a few times.  I have also done it through an agent on the phone, but if they say they cannot do it, tell them search for three in the cabin and book it with three and drop one.  

Posted (edited)

Here's an aft shot of Sky Princess taken in Southampton, UK.  It was taken by a friend as we were on D deck waving from the aft corner suite.

Not sure if it will be any use, but worth a shot.

Sky Princess aft balconies.jpeg

Edited by Lynnewob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for your help. I will ask my agent for D730. No rooms left on Baja even after trying to book with 3 guests.

@TAW1963 did D730 have bed or sofa near balcony, please? Just want to confirm. TY!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cdude said:

Thank you everyone for your help. I will ask my agent for D730. No rooms left on Baja even after trying to book with 3 guests.

@TAW1963 did D730 have bed or sofa near balcony, please? Just want to confirm. TY!

Sofa was near balcony.  D728, D729, and D731 are all aft-facing too along with D730.   

Edited by TAW1963