obstructed view

YooperGale

Hi,

Forgive me if there is already a thread on this, but i didn't know how to dfind it. Can anyone tell me if a balcony cabin with an obstructed view is a much different than one with an unobstructed view? Thank you

Gale

Dawn Princess, Alaska, 2004

Carnival Libery, Western Caribbean, 2006

There 's gotta be a difference!! Ones obstucted ,ones not.

I had an obstucted Balcony courtesy of an upgrade.My original assignment was for window. But, i was thrilled to be upgraded to a mini-suite, balcony obstructed view on the Elation. Technically Cat.11 obstructed i believe. Just the fact that i was able to go outside and sit and have fresh air come in was enough for me. Suprisingly though, you do see around them somewhat. It's not all that bad.

. Can anyone tell me if a balcony cabin with an obstructed view is a much different than one with an unobstructed view?

Besides price-- an obstructed balcony will have some kind of obstruction to your view. an UNobstructed baclony has nothing in the way of your view.

Carnival is very clear with their obstructions. Looking on the deck plans at the legend it will tell you what cabins do have obstructions.

8A and higher on all ships do not have an obstruction.

(but with an 8A on the SPirit class you will not be able to see down into the water as the life boats at there- this is the only ship that has obstructions)

a 7A is an obstructed view balcony- Lifeboats will be outside your balcony glass. You will be able to see out but thats about all.

Archived