Caribbean Princess in August

tradingspaces

Just completely our first cruise on RCCL and fell in love with everything about cruising. We would now like to try Princess. Can someone please give me their opinion on what a cruise in August is like? Mainly what the weather is like. We are interested in the Caribbean Princess doing the eastern caribbean August 19. I believe this is prime hurricane season. Are the ports extremely hot? Thank you for any advice, opinions.

Laura

We have a Cruise Critic Group cruise on the Caribbean Princess on August 19, 2006. Come aboard the Caribbean Princess with us!!

We have great group rates, $50 per cabin shipboard credit (per two person occupancy), a photo voucher, and some other goodies. We've got some rates that are locked in and can't go higher, but there are also some cheaper rates for our group right now due to price drops that Princess has made. In fact, I've received over $250 refund in price drops since I first booked for my balcony stateroom last year!. The TA also has a low price guarantee, if you've got some rates from other TAs. The prices on the member cruise page where my banner links are not the most current prices, as the prices are currently lower right now.

If you have never sailed with a Cruise Critic group, let me explain. You get the group rates and amenities and there will be an opportunity to share shore excursions. The group does not eat together. You make your own usual arrangements for that. Some people in the group like to get together during the cruise, but you don't have to do anything with the group if you don't want to. There are several people currently booked in the group that booked strictly for the rates (price) and amenities--and thats ok too!

The Caribbean Princess is very new--2004 and offers lots of great features like the Movies under the Stars, Cafe Caribe (offering lobster on three nights) a fantastic spa including the thermal suites and couples rasul, freshwater pools and hot tubs, including two adult only ones, and the fantastic Bert Stratton in Crooner's Lounge--one of the best entertainers on the Seven Seas! :) (I'm sure that Marly would say the best!)

We've sailed in August around time before also and have not found it to be uncomfortably hot and humid. July and early August are hotter.

The Eastern Caribbean itinerary is terrific! St. Thomas and St. Martin offer great beaches, shopping, and lots of other activities. Also, the ship is expected to dock at these two ports, so no tendering--this means less hassle and more time in port. Princess Cays is the beautiful Princess private island and there is a nice BBQ on the island plus the beach and other fun activiites.

Please feel free to email me for more information or to ask questions at kacruiser@ev1.net. I would be happy to provide more information about the Caribbean Princess, including stateroom selection info.. And if you are interested in joining our group cruise, I'd be glad answer any questions about that too, including the most recent rate information.

Archived