How much time to get from Reykjavik pier to KEF airport? Ship docks at 530am , direct fight departs 11am enough time to get a

We are on celebrity eclipse Aug 4 2024 sailing

one way to Reykjavik 

ship docks at 530 am Friday 

directed flight to Newark nj departs 

11 am from KEF

can we walk off ship and have enough time to clear IMMIGRATION and get to KEF airport?

is it cutting it close?

need advise please😩

Posted (edited)

Hello, ironically, searching for an answer, I found that you basically just asked my same question.  Almost the same, except that our flight departs even earlier (10:00AM) and I've never seen a ship's transfer on offer for flights leaving that early.  Here's to hoping taxis are readily available and arrival formalities go quickly!

Edited by Cruiser Craig
syntax

I am on NCL and they told me you need 5 hours.  Our ship arrives at 4AM, my flight is at 9:40AM.  I booked the transport via NCL.  They have my flight info and approved the transport request so I am confident the 5 hours is enough time.  More importantly, I booked NCL transport (75pp) because I am told getting a taxi can be challenging since here are far more passengers than taxis available.  Hope that helps in your decision making.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CountessP said:

I am on NCL and they told me you need 5 hours.  Our ship arrives at 4AM, my flight is at 9:40AM.  I booked the transport via NCL.  They have my flight info and approved the transport request so I am confident the 5 hours is enough time.  More importantly, I booked NCL transport (75pp) because I am told getting a taxi can be challenging since here are far more passengers than taxis available.  Hope that helps in your decision making.

If there are two of you, then their bus makes sense.  For more than 2 a taxi would be a better deal.  Flybus is also a good option, probably better than the NCL transport as it would take about as long but would be much less expensive

I agree about Flybus being a good idea, if you have a bit more time. I have a tight connection, so I like the idea of making NCL responsible!!  They accepted the booking, knowing my flight info, so if there is a screw up, I have someone with whom to share the blame.  It's also less stressful for me. That's worth the extra few bucks!