Brooklyn- parking at the Liberty View hotel lot??

Posted (edited)

So when looking up long term parking near the terminal in Brooklyn, the Liberty view hotel lot comes up as about a mile away. It's $211 compared to the $315 for the port parking.  Is it worth a hundred bucks to park a mile away and just take a short cab ride (or I may drop my wife and luggage off, then go park- I'd even walk at that point- with no wife or luggage, I'd have no issue with a quick mile walk)  EDIT: the parking lot site says it's a mile, but google maps seems to say its about 2miles\45 minutes of walking... so an uber may be worth it after all

Edited by Scottdalfonso

I was curious about security issues parking off-site, and whether you would have to leave your car keys. A very quick Google search came up with this on the Parkopedia web site link for that hotel parking:

“Mar 11, 2024

We parked there for a 7-day cruise. This is not a self-park lot as described on the Premium Parking website/app. It's a parking with lifts. You have to leave your keys so they can move your car in and out. Unfortunately, they were not staffed properly and very disorganized. We waited more than an hour on the day we dropped the car (only one person working), as well as when we picked up the car (only two people working). The overall experience was very disappointing. A customer had a scratch on his BMW. If you have a big SUV, you have more risk of having damages. The parking slots are very tight. Plan ahead and have some buffer time. The best would be to park directly at the Brooklyn Port Cruise Terminal. Even if it is a bit more expensive, you will save time, and it's less risky. Also, note that getting an UBER or taxi out of the Port is challenging (long lineup, lots of traffic, taxi drivers prefer picking passengers for airport drop off/higher fares/longer rides).”

https://en.parkopedia.ca/parking/lot/liberty_view_brooklyn_hotel_premium_parking_lot_p5605/11232/brooklyn/?arriving=202404281700&leaving=202404281900