Staying in Los Angeles the night before our Cruise - Mexico Cruise

30 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I used to own a store in West Hollywood many years ago.  There a few historical sights for the Rock and Roll Fans.  The Alta Cieneaga ( if it's still there ) on La Cienega/Santa Monica was a place where lots of HUGE rock/rollers stayed ( Janis Joplin, The Doors).

Barney's Beanery ( again, if it's still there ) on Hollaway , Rock/Roll heavies hang out.  The Viper Room ( on Sunset), know for Celebrity nightlife, The Roxy, on Sunset...I think they still do live bands ( saw my first Punk Rock show there).  West Hollywood used to be called Boys Town, but now I think is a bit toned down.  Santa Monica Blvd is part of route 66, you can take a bus all the way to the end, into Santa Monica Beach, then walk to Venice Beach.

Thank you for all this info! I’ve booked  our hotel in West Hollywood. I’m looking for a hotel near the Pier and beach for Santa Monica.would you recommend a different? It seemed to be a good are to be in the middle of it all. Again, thank you sharing your knowledge on these areas! 

3 hours ago, kadey said:

Thank you for all this info! I’ve booked  our hotel in West Hollywood. I’m looking for a hotel near the Pier and beach for Santa Monica.would you recommend a different? It seemed to be a good are to be in the middle of it all. Again, thank you sharing your knowledge on these areas! 

I have never stayed in Santa Monica, but if you do Travel Website search of Hotels in Santa Monica, you will see some that are very close to the beach/pier.  There is also a pedistrian shopping district called Third Street Pramanade.  Used to very trendy ( again, its been years since I have been in Santa Monica).

7 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

West Hollywood used to be called Boys Town, but now I think is a bit toned down.  Santa Monica Blvd is part of route 66, you can take a bus all the way to the end, into Santa Monica Beach, then walk to Venice Beach.

Boys Town still exists and is not toned down. The gay section of West Hollywood is along Santa Monica Blvd. The Sunset Strip is Sunset Blvd and up a hill, then there is the area around the Beverly Center.

Hotels in Santa Monica depends on your budget. The nicer hotels are not inexpensive.

30 minutes ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

Boys Town still exists and is not toned down. The gay section of West Hollywood is along Santa Monica Blvd. The Sunset Strip is Sunset Blvd and up a hill, then there is the area around the Beverly Center.

Hotels in Santa Monica depends on your budget. The nicer hotels are not inexpensive.

Thank you!! Looking forward to our time here.

42 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

La Brea Tar Pits are very interesting.  Along with maybe a movie studio tour or try to get tickets to a TV show.  Those would be closer to West Hollywood than Santa Monica.    

Great suggestions! Thank you!😊