Grand Cayman Tendering and a Mobility Scooter. A Cautionary Tale!

Just off the Norwegian Breakaway, where I had cause to be very upset, so passing this information on, so maybe it'll help someone.

When they say 'you cannot take a scooter on the tender', cry 'FOUL', because I didn't.

We had the excursion to the turtle farm booked. We had to meet in the Manhattan Room where I was told I couldn't take the scooter on the tender. When we got down to the tender, I asked where it had to be left, and was told to leave it to one side and they would move it and bring it to me when back on board (I had to give them my cabin number). I was helped on dock to get to the bus and my DW had to push me around the farm in a wheelchair.

On the return trip, we were on the tender when I suddenly exclaimed 'You have to be kidding me'! when someone on a scooter (identical to mine except it had four wheels to my three) rolled up the gangplank and onto the boat!

Back on board, we had to wait about 10 minutes or so while they recovered my scooter. We returned to the forward tender station, but left from the aft. Eventually, someone rode it up, sitting on the back of the folded seat! That lead to part two of my story - a dead scooter - which took us 24 plus hours of pure hell, but that's for another time.

• Like 1