Seaborn Encore - Croatia port

We are doing the 7 day Adriatic & Greek Treasures cruise in October. The port in Croatia is Vodice (Sibernik). What is this port like? Tend to hear of Dubrvovnik or Split as the stop. 

We docked there last year. Vodice, where you dock, is pretty small. Not enough to occupy you for a full day. We caught a cab to Sibenik (not walkable from Vodice) so that we could DIY. It was an easy port to do that and quite enjoyable. There are a couple of fortresses worth walking to. A pretty old town to walk through. Found a great little restaurant once the rain stopped and had a lovely lunch in a courtyard. We are not excursion people, so I do not remember where all went to from this port - one was a walking tour of Sibenik….glad we did it DIY. 

We were just there last week. As previous poster has noted, it's a small town without much going on. We did an excursion to Trogir which was interesting, but I wish we would have done a small boat around the Koronati Islands. Others on our cruise went to Krka Park and liked it.

2 hours ago, shen61 said:

Wonder why Seabourn goes there and not one of the others...probably the others have alot of ships coming in..

Our cruise, which ended today, included Dubrovnik as well as Vodice and Zadar. Dubrovnik, though beautiful and interesting, was already extremely crowded in late April. I imagine it's mobbed in the peak summer months. We enjoy the smaller towns and the opportunity to do nothing more than wander around and spend some time getting coffee and/or wine at an outdoor cafe while people watching. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Earthtones said:

Our cruise, which ended today, included Dubrovnik as well as Vodice and Zadar. Dubrovnik, though beautiful and interesting, was already extremely crowded in late April. I imagine it's mobbed in the peak summer months. We enjoy the smaller towns and the opportunity to do nothing more than wander around and spend some time getting coffee and/or wine at an outdoor cafe while people watching. 

We visited some Croatia ports last October on Encore. Dubrovnik: just go in as early as you can. In late October, it was fine at 9 AM, but by 11 it was too packed for us so we left then.  Zadar is gorgeous. We took a private tour to Plitvice Lakes NP. The two-hour ride each way was worth it, although ship time restraints only allowed us about 3 hrs there. It’s a spectacular place. Next time, we’d spend the day in beautiful Zadar.

• Like 1

So the restricted ship numbers/sizes in Dubrovnik are not having much of an impact?  Such a beautiful place when not so crowded. Surprised at April crowds. 
While my comment on small ports not being a bonus for all, it was one of the things we enjoyed at almost every one of them. 
we thought about Plitvice lakes, so good to know it was worth it. We just don’t  take excursions and that’s a treck private.