Turn Around Day in Dublin

We are on the Stockholm to Dublin - Baltic Sea & Emerald Isle cruise, July23, 2024 - August 14, 2024. Our cruise is booked as one cruise, but it is actually two cruises, Stockholm to Dublin and Dublin to Dublin. My question is, when we arrive in Dublin at the end of the first leg, will we allowed to stay on the ship, or must we disembark and reembark?

On 5/10/2024 at 1:46 PM, riversights said:

I appreciated the response because this thread implicates our own cruise.  Are there any considerations beyond the official requirements?        

In many ports on a normal day (not embark/disembark day) there is a free shuttle from outside the port to a particular area in the city (tourist area, shopping mall, or whatever). There's an Oceania thread in which people report their experience with these shuttles: 

The current list has a report that no shuttle was offered in Dublin on a cruise in June 2023. There's no way to know why (embark day?). On our Dublin regular day visit maybe 5 years ago, there WAS a shuttle to Trinity College (Book of Kells, etc.)  But I think Dublin has more than one port, or a new port, so can't even guess if a shuttle will be offered. But since it's a turnaround day, I'd guess there wouldn't be.  Oceania says that, in general, a shuttle may not be provided if there are adequate taxi/public transport options at the dock. No doubt you'll see taxis that day!

As for what goes on inside the ship on turnaround day, I don't remember if there were any requests/requirements/benefits.  But I suppose Oceania may close the pool area or something like that as massive cleaning goes on.  And I've heard that sometimes an excursion or two are announced later for pssengers staying onboard.  But I don't know if that's typical or not. Someone else will likely post more information.