Can you check in on Celebrity and then leave to see Yokahama for a few hours?

Linda E

We are going on a Celebrity Millenium cruise in late May.  Is it better to get an early check in time, drop off the luggage and then leave to go see Yokahama for a few hours or drop off the luggage and get a later check in?   Thank you.

So far as I know, any cruise ship checking in passengers at Yokohama Terminal will allow them to go ashore after check-in.

I do know that Japanese Immigration and Customs allow this.

You would need to check with Celebrity to ensure that they allow it as well.

Be aware that there will most likely be an all-aboard time that coincides with the passenger safety drill.

When returning to the ship, you may be required to pass through Immigration and Customs again - or not. 

We boarded the Millennium on March 28th for a B2B.  Someone on a future cruise (who is actually on the ship as I type this) asked me to check if this was possible.  I was told by two different staff members that it was possible, but didn't do so myself.  

On 5/8/2024 at 10:45 AM, monkey@cruise said:

Yes, you can, you must carry your cruise card and passport. I knew a few passengers in May sailing went back to the cruise terminal for the ekistamp after check-in.

Were you actually on the Millennium this month?

4 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

My friend is onboard May 2nd sailing, he emailed me saying he went back to cruise terminal looking for the eki stamp station after check-in.

You cannot go back once through exit immigration control. My last Japan cruise, I could go back after check-in but not the Singapore to Yokohama sailing, no one allow go back once through Singapore exit control. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2024 at 7:43 PM, Northern Aurora said:

Yes we were on the May 2nd sailing. We checked in at 11:30, had lunch then left the ship and terminal and wandered around Yokohama for a couple of hours. Seapass card and passport required of course.