CCL "surprises" or unexpected things

There is no Cucina on the Conquest? 

We have sailed this ship and i didnt notice.  (Sailing a B2B this summer and was thinking of pasta'ing it up)

I thought italian pay restaurants were on all carnival ships.  

The only other surprise i remember is the Elation didnt have the gps map channel on the tv.  Dont ask me why but i like that feature. Love seeing the change in lattitudes 

4 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

There is no Cucina on the Conquest? 

We have sailed this ship and i didnt notice.  (Sailing a B2B this summer and was thinking of pasta'ing it up)

I thought italian pay restaurants were on all carnival ships. 

Cucina was never on the Fantasy class (and still isn't on Elation and Paradise). None of the Spirit class, Conquest class, and Splendor have Cucina either.

Carnival Magic (2011) was the first to have it, followed by younger sister Breeze (2012). Older sister Dream (2009) still has an upper deck of the Lido restaurant in its place. Sunshine (2013) was the first ship to have it added in a retrofit; her sisters Sunrise and Radiance would eventually follow. The Vista and Excel class ships have had it since they were built.

There honestly doesn't appear to be a place to put it on the Conquest class unless if Carnival decides to replace the bar on the port side across from the piano bar (name of the bar varies by ship), but that really only provides space for about 50 diners. Carnival could do a more extensive refurbishment by reconfiguring the theater from three decks to two, but the ROI likely isn't high enough to justify that, especially since Conquest class does primarily shorter cruises.

The lack of an Italian pay restaurant doesn't have to be a surprise.  All restaurants and other amenities are clearly marked on the deck plans.

As far as the map channel goes, I have never been on Elation, but I am pretty sure I have seen the map channel on every one of my 25+ Carnival cruises.  A time or two it wasn't working very well, but it was there.