Star Breeze vs. Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia

My wife and I are planning a 10 year anniversary trip, and I would love to hear the opinions of experienced cruisers to the area. 

Have you cruised on Windstar's Star Breeze or the Paul Gauguin? What did you like/ dislike about each? Have you done both? Even better! Tell me about it. 

How was the food? How was the atmosphere? Did it feel stuffy or fun and casual? 

One of the most important things to us is having quick and easy access to play in the water. Did you use the sports platform to kayak/ swim/ SUP? Was the sports platform open a lot? Was it fun and easy to use? 

Thanks for sharing your opinion and experience! 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jthayek said:

My wife and I are planning a 10 year anniversary trip, and I would love to hear the opinions of experienced cruisers to the area. 

Have you cruised on Windstar's Star Breeze or the Paul Gauguin? What did you like/ dislike about each? Have you done both? Even better! Tell me about it. 

One of the most important things to us is having quick and easy access to play in the water. Did you use the sports platform to kayak/ swim/ SUP? Was the sports platform open a lot? Was it fun and easy to use? 

Most of your questions have been asked several times and answered several times ... I would recommend looking through the post for the last 4 - 6 months.

Remember the SB has only been stationed full time in FP since February 😉

I've been on the PG 16 times ... last year I was on her twice. Taking the SB in a few weeks for fact finding as the ship is relatively new to FP compared to the PG.

Both are wonderful small ships ... the only way to really experience FP ... small ships 😉

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

2 hours ago, jthayek said:

Only a few comparisons ... the SB is relatively new to FP full time ... likely only a handful of people have done both 😉

Most of your questions have been asked several times and answered several times ... I would recommend looking through the post for the last 4 - 6 months.

Remember the SB has only been stationed full time in FP since February 😉