CruiseNext Credit / FCC / more small payments

Hi,

our first cruise NCL is at the end of May (counting the days 🙂 ) . I have a question regarding the CruiseNext credit.

If we buy on board the ship 2 CruiseNext Credits in value of 500$, we profit 250$.

When I read about it, it says you can only apply 1 CNC per sailing. 

"Limit of one (1) CND may be used per stateroom. You may apply two (2) CNDs to one (1) stateroom only when booking a cruise that qualifies for the DoubleUp! promotion. DoubleUp! promotion eligibility is based on redemption date and not on CND purchase date."

Can we wait for a NCL "Double up promotion" and apply 2 CNC to an existing reservation, as a part payment?

We will also got FCC, when the cruise is over, can we apply those to an existing reservation?

Is it also possible to make more small payments, before the final payment? or do you have to pay one amount?

When I payed for our first cruise, I don't remember the option for more small payments.

Thank you 🙂 

Posted (edited)

Historically you have been able to add cruisenext vouchers to existing bookings, and as far as I am aware this is still the case. We last did it about 6 months ago.

However, you should be aware that the T&Cs state that they can only be used on new bookings, and this wording was changed recently to make that clearer. At the time some people took this to mean that they would start enforcing it, but this hasn’t happened yet.

The point is that, whilst it can currently be done, this doesn’t mean that you will still be able to do next month.

I have always applied the vouchers online rather than call, as I recall that some people have said that they couldn’t get done by phoning as the rep wouldn’t apply them (I assume because they were following the rules). I believe that hanging up and trying another rep would often work.

If NCL ever fix their IT then this loophole may close. 🙂

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tashaaa said:

We will also got FCC, when the cruise is over, can we apply those to an existing reservation?

Is it also possible to make more small payments, before the final payment? or do you have to pay one amount?

When I payed for our first cruise, I don't remember the option for more small payments.

I don't know about the FCC. I guess that has to to do where it's from. (FCC has nothing to do with CruiseNext. The credit you get from CruiseNext is counted towards your CN purchase right away.)
I do however know that you can male as many small payments as you like! I do it all the time. I cannot do in on the web page though, but in the app. Just click "other amount"