Queen Mary 2 Summer trip Room 5035

Anyone have experience with this room? It's located towards the front which I think would feel the most motion. My husband gets car/bus sick (but is ok on planes and trains it seems). Neither of us have been on a ship before. 

Thoughts? Is this a quiet room? Is it better to be closer to the center? 

Thanks! 

If it's stormy you may get some motion but generally theres little noticeable movement on board. We've stayed in 402something which is slightly further forward but apart from having to tighten a balcony panel to stop an annoying creak we were very comfortable there. 

That said on a particularly stormy crossing we did have a day where you really felt the movement but it was noticeable all round the ship so I don't know it would have been amy different in a central cabin.

I'm writing this from the sheltered balcony one floor above that stateroom (deck 6), one stateroom over. I've got some footfall noise from the joggers on deck 7, quite slight, but you won't hear that on deck 5. So yes, it should be quiet, it isn't near the laundry or lift areas where people can congregate

I think it's possible to overthink the location aspect on QM2, she is remarkably stable, and I've done a few storm force 10s and barely noticed (and I'm prone to sea sickness). Yes the nearer to Britannia Restauant the less you will move but if there isn't much to begin with then your location doesn't matter so much. It's certainly a factor on smaller ships.

A factor is where you are travelling - Bay of Biscay is notorious for example, but today I'm on a millpond like area just north of the Friesan Islands and you have to look outside to realise you are moving, she is just so stable.

• Like 1