Things to Do in Bar, Montenegro

Posted (edited)

Does anyone have suggestions of specific things to do when in Bar, Montenegro? We'll be on the Sun Princess in a few weeks, and its itinerary has changed from Kotor to Bar. When I try to research, I'm not finding much. So, any suggestions about the port, museums, places to eat, etc. that we can do in Bar would appreciated.Ā 

Edited by GK95
typo

14 hours ago, GK95 said:

So, any suggestions about the port, museums, places to eat, etc. that we can do in Bar would appreciated

Reading past threads might offer some suggestions. choose from these, but you need to explude the threads which have the word "bar" which don't mean the town of "Bar"šŸ˜€

Ā 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=bar&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=149

6 hours ago, edinburgher said:

Reading past threads might offer some suggestions. choose from these, but you need to explude the threads which have the word "bar" which don't mean the town of "Bar"šŸ˜€

Ā 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=bar&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=149

Yes, I did that already but there arenā€™t any specific answers other than saying that Kotor has been dropped by the Sun Princess or saying there isnā€™t much to do in Bar. I was hoping to hear from someone who has been on the Sun Princess lately. Not sure what other cruise lines are currently sailing there.Ā 
Ā 

Since Iā€™m not getting any responses and not finding anything, Iā€™ll have to assume there isnā€™t much to do than wander around to see shops and restaurants. Once we take our trip in June Iā€™ll update this to help anyone else headed there in the future.Ā 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, GK95 said:

I was hoping to hear from someone who has been on the Sun Princess latel

Now is still quite early in the season but the number of port calls should increase as the season progresses. That said, as you are specifically interested in suggestions from Princess pax, You could consider cross posting on the Princess forum asking in the subject line if any Princess pax visited recently.

Ā 

I thought this past thread might have given you some ideas

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2944568-bar-montenegro-suggestions/#comment-65561344

Ā 

(especially as I recogniseĀ  a couple of the names on that threadĀ  from past threads as being places visited byĀ  pax docking/tendering inĀ  Kotor alhough I think they are closer to Bar than Kotor.Ā  You would need to check that.)

Ā 

andĀ  Tripadvisor Bar Montenegro has a number of suggestions in the "things to do" section. but there will be other sites too, and do check shorex even should you not want to book one as they would give you the highlights and what might be doable within your timeframe.

Ā 

And if you are still struggling to find things which interest you, depending on how long you have in Bar, maybe you could look into travel time to Kotor?

Edited by edinburgher