Dinner restaurants in Tahiti

16 minutes ago, KmacMac said:

Where to go for dinner in Tahiti?  Specifically Papeete.  Thank you!!

Food trucks ... well known as the place to go. Usually open by 6PM. Along the water, close to where the ships tie off.

On 5/18/2024 at 9:58 AM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Food trucks ... well known as the place to go. Usually open by 6PM. Along the water, close to where the ships tie off.

Do you know what time the food trucks close?  We don't land until 6:40pm.

4 minutes ago, WaggesAZ said:

Do you know what time the food trucks close?  We don't land until 6:40pm.

Depends on the night of the week and how busy it is .... I've seen the trucks be finish by 9:30PM and as late as midnight 😉

I can't comment on specifics, but if by "land", you mean at the airport, then the question becomes, where are you staying? After a long flight, your hotel restaurant might be just the thing. Bear in mind that most hotels aren't close to the port or food trucks, but some hotels have restaurants nearby.

Thank you.  I am looking for nice sit-down restaurants.   I have found a few online but would love recommendations.  We will drive anywhere.  

9 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I can't comment on specifics, but if by "land", you mean at the airport, then the question becomes, where are you staying? After a long flight, your hotel restaurant might be just the thing. Bear in mind that most hotels aren't close to the port or food trucks, but some hotels have restaurants nearby.

We will be at the Hilton and if it’s not going to work out that night, it will be ok. I thought we could stop on the way to the Hotel, compensating the driver for their time, if course. 

thanks TBK-its a Wednesday evening so I won’t hold my breath 🤪

1 hour ago, WaggesAZ said:

We will be at the Hilton and if it’s not going to work out that night, it will be ok. I thought we could stop on the way to the Hotel, compensating the driver for their time, if course. 

thanks TBK-its a Wednesday evening so I won’t hold my breath 🤪

Le Raina

Jardin De Paofai

Are both within walking distance from the Hilton, about a half mile along the walkway towards the ships. There are a few places across from the Hilton in the 'Mall'. Take the bridge across the street from the Hilton.

L'annexe is a good place to try ...