Embarkation time

Posted (edited)

Hi. We are independent travellers going on marella discovery from Marmaris Turkey.  My question is, what is the earliest time anyone boarding the ship in Marmaris has got on ?

I know embarkation time on our marella tickets says 2pm, but on previous independent cruises a few years ago we have got on earlier. 

We would like to know of people's experiences. 

Thanks for any information. 

Rod.

Edited by Rod hull

hi Rod, we left the ship at Marmaris  2 weeks ago after a repositioning  cruise. we were taken to the Airport at 9.30 AM i cant see why you cant get on the ship then but maybe the staff who would check you in are busy elsewhere at that time. The cabin would only be  available early afternoon.

• Like 1

The first TUI flights from the UK to Dalaman arrive at about 12 noon, so probably about 2pm at the ship. I would not expect them to be set up to receive passengers before then.

Thanks AlanCruise. Yes I have checked all the cruise flights arriving at Dalaman. I wondered if there was anyone who were independent travellers boarding the ship recently. 

We have been on several cruises out of Marmaris when the Thomson Celebration was based there. We were usually on the ship between 10:30am and 11:30am,  I just wanted to know if anything had changed recently. 

Many thanks for your information. 

Rod.