Another AARP OBC Question

I have registered on Holland for AARP OBC and just booked a special group rate through a TA.  Will my booking qualify for the AARP OBC?  If so, will I need to call Holland to request it?

I am not sure how us randos would know anything about your particular "special group rate" but the T&Cs don't mention anything specifically about any rates affecting eligibility, although there is the old helpful classic "other restrictions and exclusions may apply."

Sounds like you registered (and waited 3 days?) before booking so it should appear there now so if not, yup give them a call.

Go through the TA. They should know if AARP can be added to their rate codes. They are getting the commission, after all. Allow them to earn it.

• Like 3

That term (special group rate) is used for different things . as long as you are paying full fair, no problem, Some times Travel agents us the term  ( special group rate) as a sells pitch  because there Travel Agency has a group going  and they get a discount  so they  will give you a few percent off the fair which is still considered full fair. .

Can I join AARP now and get the OBC applied to an upcoming cruise In December 2024 that was booked 5 months ago or must I have been a member at the time of the original booking?

10 minutes ago, farjar said:

Can I join AARP now and get the OBC applied to an upcoming cruise In December 2024 that was booked 5 months ago or must I have been a member at the time of the original booking?

The rule is you must be a member and verified (a process that takes a few days) before making the booking. But that is not to say some haven't reported receiving OBC when not following the rule! Here is the splash page.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/cruise-deals/community-appreciation-cruise-offers/aarp-member-benefit-offer

• Like 1