Wine question

Does anyone know how many bottles of wine can be bought for 1/2 price in the steak house on first night?  Last time I cruised carnival it was 5 bottles.  Thanks!

• Like 1

I’m not aware of a limit, but they’re meant to be opened and consumed during the dinner. You don’t have to finish the bottles, can take to go at end of meal. 

9 hours ago, Mrgoodbar said:

Does anyone know how many bottles of wine can be bought for 1/2 price in the steak house on first night?  Last time I cruised carnival it was 5 bottles.  Thanks!

It varies by ship and possibly even by server.  Carnival's website says "a 50% discount on a premium bottle of wine under $100 value," so you should probably be prepared for someone to be a stickler and limit it to one.

• Like 1

Last experience on the Venezia (Feb) our server allowed us 2 bottles (one bottle each) and she had to use both our cards indicating they allow one per person. This is after she spoke with her manager. I think it varies depending on manager/ship. 

Depends on ship and whims of management. You are allowed one per guest according to the printed promo. I always go to the steakhouse on the first night and in my experience, I have always been allowed two and sometimes have been allowed more. The only way to know for sure is to ask at the time.