RCI Shuttle to and from Revenna

gregandmadee

Just called RCI and asked about shuttle to and from cruise terminal. They rep. booked us a shuttle from the train station to the terminal for $12.50 each. When I asked about the shuttle from the terminal to VCE, I was advised that she could only book one way (train station to terminal) or round trip ( VCE to terminal back to VCE). Has anyone had this issue? Let me know what need to do. Our plan is to stay in Venice two night take the train to Bologna spend one night then take the train to Revenna and catch the ship. On the back side we were going to ride the RCI shuttle back to see different sites. Thanks for any help.

Posted (edited)

There is a bus (contracted by the cruiselines) from the port to VCE or to Venice near St Lucia train station. You should be able to book one way for either. We booked one way from Venice to Ravenna last August. Our TA called RCCL and booked it for us. It's about $60/each way. Unless you're on an "excursion" bus at the end of the sailing dropping back at VCE, it's not a sightseeing bus--straight drive (2.5 hours) thru countryside with a bathroom break.

Here is info from a royal carib blog post:

Booked shuttle from Venice Marco Polo (VCE) airport to Ravenna Cruise port from Royalcaribbean customer service: 1800 327 6700. $45 per person

They gave me 2 options: from VCE or Tranchetta city center. 

Edited by elaine5

It's Ravenna.

And for some stupid reason, Royal cannot book a "round trip" to two different places. Yes, it's annoying.

You can book your "to the ship" one ahead and add the ship to Venice City Center/Tronchetto (if that's where your going) on the ship.  It's about a 2 hour ride and you don't really see much (well whatever is along the road).  Last year, around this time actually, my bus did NOT make a comfort stop so as soon as we got off in Venice, people made a bee line for the restroom.

If you plan on getting a water taxi from Tronchetto/City Center by the train station, pre-book them and make sure your phone will work overseas.  I was able to contact my company via whatsapp and suffice it to say a lot of people were jealous when my ride showed up in 5 minutes and everyone else had to wait a lot longer.  

• Like 1