Lima - General Questions (Port,tour guide,airport)

I know not that many cruises go to Lima, but I'm hoping someone can tell me a little about the port there.  Do you need to take a shuttle to the gates?  Is the port in as bad a location as some people say?  Do cruise ships normally offer a shutle (paid or free) from the port gates (or inside) to a more central location in Lima?  And if so, where were you taken?

Also if you can recommend a tour guide, that would be wonderful.  It sounds like a huge city, with a lot of time needed to get from the port, to the old part of Lima, and then more time to get to the Miraflores area.  And how is the airport there?  About how early do you need to get there?  

Thanks to anyone who can help!

I believe you likely found some of your answers regarding shuttles, etc., in the May 18th "Lima Cruise Port - Advice ..." topic.

In respect to tour guides. We used two different guides from Tours by Locals when we were in Lima and found Abel P. to be the one we would recommend. Best Local Tour Guide in Lima Abel P. | Private Tours by ToursByLocals

You may find some additional info on the port from the review we did of our cruise. The Lima part of the review starts at Post #52.

On 5/28/2024 at 6:57 PM, GeorgeCharlie said:

I believe you likely found some of your answers regarding shuttles, etc., in the May 18th "Lima Cruise Port - Advice ..." topic.

In respect to tour guides. We used two different guides from Tours by Locals when we were in Lima and found Abel P. to be the one we would recommend. Best Local Tour Guide in Lima Abel P. | Private Tours by ToursByLocals

You may find some additional info on the port from the review we did of our cruise. The Lima part of the review starts at Post #52.

Where would I find this...."May 18th "Lima Cruise Port - Advice ..." topic."

Looking to find out if we will be shuttled to Lima from the industrial & apparently relatively dangerous port.