Trying to decide between two hotels in Hollywood

DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Hollywood vs Costa Hollywood Beach Resort  

They are the same price for our travel dates.  Anyone familiar with both and could recommend one over the other and why?  

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 🙂 

Personally I'd stay at the Costa - you're right in the heart of the Broadwalk.  We never stayed at either and have been to Hollywood at least 15 times.  We are Marriott folks for Hollywood - our absolute fav.  In fact we are staying there in a couple weeks on for the night before our cruise.  Flying into FLL, and sailing out of POM.  

On 6/10/2024 at 12:48 PM, Cruiser Who Knows Nothing said:

Personally I'd stay at the Costa - you're right in the heart of the Broadwalk.  We never stayed at either and have been to Hollywood at least 15 times.  We are Marriott folks for Hollywood - our absolute fav.  In fact we are staying there in a couple weeks on for the night before our cruise.  Flying into FLL, and sailing out of POM.  

Thank you.  Usually we are Marriott people too.  But these 2 hotels are a third the price ($155 vs $404 Marriott) during our dates so it means we can stay 3-5 nights before our cruise instead of just 1.  We love Hollywood and really enjoy our pre-vacation before our cruise vacation.  I think we will go with Costa.  We stayed once before.  Excellent location.  Awesome rooftop pool. I was just curious about the Doubletree since their price is usually way up there as well.   

3 hours ago, danicolie said:

Thank you.  Usually we are Marriott people too.  But these 2 hotels are a third the price ($155 vs $404 Marriott) during our dates so it means we can stay 3-5 nights before our cruise instead of just 1.  We love Hollywood and really enjoy our pre-vacation before our cruise vacation.  I think we will go with Costa.  We stayed once before.  Excellent location.  Awesome rooftop pool. I was just curious about the Doubletree since their price is usually way up there as well.   

Going to definitely walk over there July 2 and check it out.  And absolute no brainer on 3-5 nights vs 1 night.  We got lucky, our daughter works for Marriott and I'm not even going to tell you what I'm paying for the one night.  You'll throw up.  LOL  Me and the hubby are staying an extra week in SoFlo at my moms place in Boca.  If another employee rate opens up during that time we are ditching the condo on the sand in Boca for the Hollywood Marriott.  I check like 10 times a day.  lol

7 minutes ago, Cruiser Who Knows Nothing said:

Going to definitely walk over there July 2 and check it out.  And absolute no brainer on 3-5 nights vs 1 night.  We got lucky, our daughter works for Marriott and I'm not even going to tell you what I'm paying for the one night.  You'll throw up.  LOL  Me and the hubby are staying an extra week in SoFlo at my mom’s place in Boca.  If another employee rate opens up during that time we are ditching the condo on the sand in Boca for the Hollywood Marriott.  I check like 10 times a day.  lol

Lol.  Good plan!  Lucky you.  Enjoy your vacay.  🙂

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 11:48 AM, Cruiser Who Knows Nothing said:

We are likely flying into FLL next March but sailing out of POM. Just started kicking hotels around and saw Hollywood looks like a good bet. What transportation would you recommend?

1 minute ago, CJDepew said:

We are likely flying into FLL next March but sailing out of POM. Just started kicking hotels around and saw Hollywood looks like a good bet. What transportation would you recommend?

We are renting a car for one day. Pick up at Avis at fll is simple. Your name is on a board w the parking spot number and you walk to your car and leave. Then Driving to Hollywood, next day we are dropping it off at the Avis at the Brightline station in Miami and Uber-ing to POM. The Avis at POM is a cluster so we are going to try what I think is a lesser known Avis. 

there’s four of us and just seemed like our best option. I thought about just hiring a car but I booked Avis w the pre pay months ago so I’m sticking with it. I’m happy with our rate and we are travel warriors lol so this will work fine for us. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CJDepew said:

We often fly into FLL when cruising out of POM and stay in FLL or Hollywood beach for a few days before our cruise.  We just use UBER.  It is the easiest and most economical.  

We have rented a car in the past to take a day trip to Key West.  But we returned the car the same day since hotel parking is very expensive.  Our hotel charged $40 per night.  And you don't need a car to get around in Hollywood or FLL beach with so much to do within walking distance.

If you're only coming in the day before and simply looking for somewhere to spend the night before the cruise, if you stay at hotels near the FLL airport, SAS Transportation offers a shuttle for $15 per person that will take you to POM the next morning. .   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DW is looking seriously at the Hilton Diplomat Resort in Hollywood.Does anyone know how this compares to the Costa Resort.? I think Costa is a better price point, but we're Hilton Honors and I have some Bonvoy (Marriott) points from past work travel. 

We're cruising the first of February with SIL and BIL who are flying in. We'll drive down. We'd like to stay 2 nights prior to cruise.  Any information, including better parking rates than POM is appreciated.