Celebrity Solstice Hot Glass Hands On Experience Costs per item to make??

yogamom

On 6/25/2024 at 8:36 PM, CaroleSS said:

They do offer shows, just also offer classes where you get to help make the piece yourself. I think the shows are very well done, they tell you about the process and explain what they are doing. It is fun to watch even if you don't make something. The only difference I can tell is that they don't auction off pieces make during the cruise at the end. If I remember correctly, those funds were sent to Corning and used for scholarships.

It is fun to do and a nice memento of the trip. We use OBC for the class and try to catch it on sale!

DH and I love the glass making opportunity.  Last cruise we did this, 6 months ago, he made a beautiful flower (like an Angel'd Trumpet) and I made a white pumpkin...all within the signup price.  

On 6/28/2024 at 10:08 PM, yogamom said:

On my upcoming Solstice in November 2024 they have a 20% off pre-cruise savings.  Plus as a Captains Club member you get an additional 5% but you have to call in to request it.  

Be sure to sign up for a specific time slot as soon as you get onboard.  The first two sea days will probably have the highest demand.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RenRan said:

The fish I made on our SE Asia March 2024 cruise. It was Great fun.

image.thumb.jpeg.5cf82159fa7e1d49bc34556e96cd4bb8.jpeg

My wife made a similar one when we were on our New Zealand cruise.  Quite nerve wracking to pack it properly and fly back home with it from Sydney!

On 6/24/2024 at 6:56 PM, CaroleSS said:

P.S. the clock is something called an Atmos clock. It never needs winding as it winds itself via bellows which move based upon a change in temperatures (DH is a bit of a clock aficionado.....you do NOT want to be in my house at noon.....or maybe you DO!)

Worse, midnight.

1 minute ago, Truepeacenik said:

Worse, midnight.

We have several mantle clocks in our bedroom.....I don't hear them anymore! But, we recently had company who ended up stopping the pendulum of the grandmother clock in the hallway because of the "incessant noise"!