Vancouver pre-cruise for solo woman

29 minutes ago, martincath said:

Oh, I think you also mentioned your Tracfone has WiFi - so you will be able to use that all over Vancouver, there's a free city-run network that broadcasts as #YVRWiFi ...

Whoops - the free network is #VanWiFi, ignore the above, I was conflating the airport and city freebie network names!

3 hours ago, martincath said:

Whoops - the free network is #VanWiFi, ignore the above, I was conflating the airport and city freebie network names!

Your explanation of how to get to the hotel via the train is so confusing. Hopefully less confusing in person.

So wifi works all over the city?

Now several people who cruise regularly are saying well if we are flying all the way to Vancouver we should do the last leg of alaska while we are there are arrive a week earlier. So it's possible I might add on a leg of alaska ... this is getting like my TA to europe where I keep adding things on.

Wow on the hotel. That's a lot to take in. I was looking at a date on Priceline and that hotel was only $98 more than the YWCA. Bundled with a flight. In a  month it might no longer be on special. I also get some special prices on hotels . com because I moved this year and stayed in hotels for 3.5 weeks waiting for the movers to deliver my stuff. Imo they lied and didnt tell me how the calculate their delivery but that's another story, I'm moved and get some special prices showed now, some hotels over $100  and ever $200 -off with things offered. Drink and food credits and such.

As far as what's to see on the coastal, very little hahahaha. I had boyfriends in both portland and san Francisco a long time ago and spent time in both cities previously (the only 2 ports). The 8 days would push me to pinnacle I believe on royal where I'd get the whole 16 days free wifi on the Panama transit which I'd really love. Right now I only get 2 free days of wifi unless I buy extra. I follow the stock market and it drives me crazy to feel cut off. I dont trade over royals wifi but I still like to know. I'm up in the middle of the night to email my TA.

i might as well ask him how much the leg to alaska would be. A couple of others who book with him are going to add it on I see. I have done alaska before too. Though it was quite long ago. I did think it was beautiful. Like the coastal cruise just being beautiful is ok too even if I've seen it before. I saw alaska on carnival miracle who I already hit their top loyalty and havent been loyal to anyone. i cruise any line but right now royal has been especially good to solos.

So now i wake up thinking maybe ill fly into Vancouver early and add another leg and see alaska again. Royal gives me 150% solo supplement on pretty much all cabins. Plus i get a group rate and money off a balcony. So I take advantage of whomever wants to give me the best deal. If I didnt have a big trip to europe next may already planned my purse strings would feel more generous about money. I'm thrifty, I like the best deal. Not always the cheapest but the best deal I'm offered. I'm flexible. I had no idea thst hotel was so fancy. $98 extra didnt seem extreme if i could avoid getting a new phone service which would cost more. And whatever that site is pushing coukd change by the time I book a hotel. Cant yet until I see flights. Thanks for the hotel info, wow is all I can say. I'm a very casual person. Lol. Idk if I'll fly in early or not. I'd want to see flight prices. That's how I wound up booking 4 extra nights in room in may next year. The old well if you are here you should stay and see it.. cruises take on a life of their own.