what to do with belongings when cavetubing

greenstringbean

hi all,

i am going on my first boat cruise with ncl on 4/8, and have booked a tour with cave-tubing.com in belize... i am soo excited because of the great reviews you all have shared.. i was wondering though, what do you do with your belongings, is there lockers somewhere?... i know i have to bring my passport, swim towel, wallet, etc.. if i carry them with me, how do i keep them dry? even if i put them in a ziploc and carry it in my back pack, my back pack will get wet...any advice you can give me would be much appreciated.. thank you!!!

I did the same tour last month.

With HAL I needed a photo ID and my ship card - not my passport. I left that on board.

There is a changing place/ bathroom where the bus stops so you don't have to wear your baiting suit to the tubing place and can change out of it at the end.

Yhoni will tell you the same thing - don't bring anything you do not want ot lose. Leave it on the bus - it's locked and safe. The grounds are maintained and monitored by the Belizean Gov't for tourists safety.

The only thing the people on our trip took was waterproof cameras.

Enjoy

You don't need to carry your passport...

We did not need it at all while in Belize.

If you want you could photo copy it and take that copy and leave in your carrying bag.

We went with cave-tubing.com we only took our waterproof cameras with us and left the rest of our valuables on the bus.

They even suggested that if you have rings that might slip off when your hand touches the cold water to leave those behind (leave them on the ship).

You don't need to carry your towel. The weather is really warm and even with wet clothes we were fine for the short walk back to the change room.

Archived