I know a stupid question, but I will ask anyhoo...

vesw01

WOW, I wonder if you went to the same Costa Maya I was last week, I had a great time, I had a private beach to myself, had my own waiter serving up chips and salsa and beer and laying in my hammack. Costa Maya tops my list in Cruise Ports, and I cant wait to get back there.

Our Private Beach:

I agree... Been to Costa Maya 3 times and it's not a hole... some people just don't know where to go. It's a great port... LOVE IT!!!

Yes, they used to refund port charges, but a year or so ago they changed the term to the "non commisionable charges" thing and don't do it so much anymore... rather, they issue a sbc when they feel it is warranted.

Why would you expect money back because of a hurricane? It is an act of nature and the cruiseline can;t control that.

The cruise line isn;t at fault and typically they will reroute you.

If you take the chance and book during hurricane season then I feel you should suck it up enjoy the ship and be smarter next time by booker outside of hurricane season.

Is the satisfaction guarantee trumped by the ticket disclaimer that NO port is asured? All itineraries can be changed without compensation.

I know they always/nearly always issue some amount of credit, but they don't really have to.

Has there ever been a cruise that went nowhere due to a hurricane?

Wouldn't it be fun to try to tie up at a dock in 100 mph winds and 25 foot waves. That would leave some slack in the lines!!:rolleyes:

Dan

Is the satisfaction guarantee trumped by the ticket disclaimer that NO port is asured? All itineraries can be changed without compensation.

No, the vacation guarantee is for any reason. If you aren't completely satisfied, you can take advantage of the guarantee...

Ok, I think I have a stupid question. In that second link it said the ship was leaving Miami for the Mexican Riviera. Isn't the Mexican Riviera the western side of Mexico (where Fred is going!) in cruise talk? They wouldn't leave Miami to go to the Riviera, would they? :confused:

I know Royal and Carnival both call the western side the Mexican Riviera because I have been pricing it for next summer!!! :D

The "Mexican Riviera" is on the west coast.

The eastern coastline south of Cancun is refered to as the "Mayan Riviera".

Hope this helps.

Archived