Credit shows up a week after cruise on cc used to book trip, not the1 for onboard.

flashdog_1

I'm mystified. I used one credit card Delta to pay for the cruise. I used a different one for onboard purchases.

When checking my Delta statement I see a $154.66 credit from HAL. I clicked it for more information. Didn't give any, and I haven't called HAL about it yet.

At first I thought, well, the travel agency must have given me an onboard credit that they didn't tell me about that hadn't shown up on my final on board bill, but $154.66?

Then I realized the credit was not on the credit card I'd used on board, so that idea fizzled.

Only thing i can GUESS is that I asked the online travel agency for a copy of my invoice for a travel insurance claim a few days before this credit appeared. Do you suppose they figured out that they'd overcharged me? I have yet to receive this invoice to be able to compare it to the credit card statement showing what I originally paid to HAL.

Wondered if anyone else has had this happen.

Port charge refunds for missed ports run around $26 pp. This sounds like it's something else. If you didn't use THAT card on board but used it with the TA it still could be a HAL refund. Perhaps it could be that too much was taken out for taxes or port charges. If you didn't use that card at all perhaps it's a mistake on HAL's part.

GN

Is it possible that the credit is for the missed day???? Happened to me on a RCI voyage. Plane snafu caused us to miss original port. Caught up with the ship on the second day. Within two days had a note in our room, indicating a credit to our shipboard account based on the missed day.

We drove down to Tampa the day before the cruise and were packing up to take a taxi to the pier when my 29 yr old daughter said, "my passport is not here."

I was ready to jump in the car and go home, but while she was re-checking every nook and cranny I decided to call Travel Guard to find out what kind of reimbursement we'd get for this stupidity.

Customer service rep, Allison Feltz was wonderful. She told me we'd be able to use a courier service to get the passport to us if someone in my family could locate it. I called my husband to see if he'd drive 100 miles to my daughter's house and find it, and wait for the courier. We set up a time several hours hence for this transaction.

Meanwhile Allison had her office checking for flights & hotels to our first port of call, Key West, and hotels in Tampa that would give free parking for the cruise duration & free airport shuttle. She had every angle covered.

Turned out the courier could not get the passport to us until the following morning (good thing since the flight would have cost $1000 each that night), so we booked a $150 flight, and it did come.

She spoke with the ship to advise them we would not be at embarkation, but would be joining the cruise the next day. I mentioned the Jones Act fine which I knew we'd have to pay.

I'm filing the claim today. Have no idea what will be covered except the courier and the hotel. Hopefully the flight as well. I asked on another post if anyone had had this experience ånd that their insurance had covered the Jones Act. No one knew, and were actually surpised that travel insurance would cover one's stupidity and not just illness!

Wyncruiser,

I asked the travel agent about the refund and she said it didn't come from her office, so must have had something to do with that day we missed. Whether it's port charges or port charges and gratuities I don't know. Haven't gotten that far yet.

Archived