Room Service Tipping

CruiseMob

Yes, however, if our cabin steward delivers room service we do not tip him at the time of delivery. We usually give some extra to the the cabin steward in cash at the end of the cruise. Depending how the service was and how many times he delivered room service would certainly reflect in this amount.

The steward who brings your food does not hang around with his/her hand out. You practically have to force the money on them. Plus, they are very busy and you will save them time if they don't have to wait while you dig into the safe or your purse.

No cruise line I have been on adds a tip for room service for food and free drinks. Clearly Celebrity doesn't. Some cruise lines do add a tip to alcohol drinks ordered anywhere and that would include room service

You mean you can have a drink brought to you by room service?? I've never heard of that!! That would be enjoyable, sitting on the verranda watching the world travel by, and enjoying a drink w/your partner!! Can't wait!!:D

I read previously on these boards that taping an envelope with $1's on the inside of your cabin door is a quick way to reach those tips -- we've done this on our last 3 cruises and it's great, no fumbling or bumbling! (And, none of the money mysteriously disappeared.)

Tip as you go with room service. i use room service every morning at the same time as a wake up call. I only order two cups of coffee and leave a single on the mirror the night before for the tip and have it in my hand when I open the door to give the person. If you're not quick as someone pointed out they don't wait, I wonder why because they need the tips.

I read previously on these boards that taping an envelope with $1's on the inside of your cabin door is a quick way to reach those tips -- we've done this on our last 3 cruises and it's great, no fumbling or bumbling! (And, none of the money mysteriously disappeared.)

This is essentially, what we did on our Disney cruise - we had an envelope of $1's in the drawer of the small desk/vanity by the door and we could grab it on the way to answering the door! It was VERY handy and we never worried about the money disappearing. BTW - I saw in your signature you did the Big Red Boat - our only other cruise (besides the Disney one to Mexico in 2005) was a decade ago on the Big Red Boat. :)

I was sure that it was posted somewhere on the Zenith paperwork that there would be a 15% gratuity added. We always tipped for room service and I didn't think to check our SeaPass card at the end to see if that was so....

I was sure that it was posted somewhere on the Zenith paperwork that there would be a 15% gratuity added. We always tipped for room service and I didn't think to check our SeaPass card at the end to see if that was so....

How do you figure 15% of a free service?

Archived