Know nothing about Alaska!

amal100

Hi All-

I need people to tell me why I want to go to Alaska on a cruise and what the best things are to do once I get there!

We are looking at the Holland America Statendam Hubbard GlacierDiscovery Cruise. Here are my biggest questions:

1. Is it freezing (mid september) like, do I need to wear thermal underwear the whole time?

2. Can we really see bears and whales? That sounds fun.

3. What is the best excursion or memory anyone has from a cruise to Alaska?

Thanks to anyone who helps me out. If we go, we definately want to do it right!

You need to buy the book.."Alaska for Dummies" It will be a good starting point. Then ask more specific questions. IMO, doing it right means going out into Alaska on your own in addition to a cruise. I, personally do not like cruise excursions, but I love cruises. I have done 10 and hope to do many more.

I read and research ( on the internet) a lot before every trip. The boards are one of many great places to learn about any cruise destination.

Hi All-

I need people to tell me why I want to go to Alaska on a cruise and what the best things are to do once I get there!

We are looking at the Holland America Statendam Hubbard GlacierDiscovery Cruise. Here are my biggest questions:

1. Is it freezing (mid september) like, do I need to wear thermal underwear the whole time?

2. Can we really see bears and whales? That sounds fun.

3. What is the best excursion or memory anyone has from a cruise to Alaska?

Thanks to anyone who helps me out. If we go, we definately want to do it

right!

Take a look here and have a few good laughs!

http://alaskanart.net/tourists.html

Amal100:

Why do you want to go to Alaska on a cruise? Because it's one of the most beautiful places that you will ever see, and cruising is a good way to go.

Brunolvr:

Thanks for the link -- I bookmarked it. :)

I can tell You why I like to go to Alaska :

Wildlife, Scenery, Wildlife, Scenery, Wildlife, Scenery and I mention Wildlife and Scenery.

Why I think its a good Idea to go first on a cruise, easy, Alaska is sooooo big and sooooo beautifull You need a slow introduction to the 49th. state.

Then You can go on Your own and try different aproaches to glaciers, whales, bears, parks, etc, all are worth seen alone and to spend a minimum time with them. In a cruise You will see a glacier, some whales, eagles, porpoises, otters, puffins and with some luck orcas, moose and bears.

So, go to Alaska and enjoy all of it ¡¡¡¡¡

Archived