Family Disco Hour

Hats off to RCI! I respect the fact that adults like their space and are entitled to dance clubs without kids. But I've wished on other cruises that I could have taken my DD to the disco to experience the fun. I was therefore delighted to find that the Explorer had family disco hour in The Chamber from 9:00-10:00 PM on several evenings. The kids had the fun of dancing on a dance floor with the disco lights flashing above them. They did the cha-cha slide, the electric slide, YMCA, and the chicken dance. My DD and I even sat at the bar and ordered Shirley Temples in fancy glasses. It was a special treat for a girl who had just turned 12. She felt so grown up!

Then at 10:00, we all turned into pumpkins and took out kids elsewhere, while the adults got the disco back.

Thank you to whoever thought to include that one on the schedule.

Most now do, expecially during peak family periods.

I was able to sneak in to The Chamber on Explorer during my spring break cruise (multiple times)... nothing too impressive. IMO The atmosphere was actually better during the family hours. (less smoke :P)

That is one thing I noticed on Disney Magic that the RCI ships I was on didnt have.. a family dance time in a club. I had a BLAST dancing with my young niece to all the "hip" kids songs at the time. One of the highlights of my last Disney cruise.

Hopefully RCI will get this on ALL their fleet cause I would love to see it!!!

Archived