Back from 3/26 Miracle

momofzeke

We were the ones that didn't really care for Nick & Nora's. :rolleyes: I'm just a barefoot / McDonald's kinda gal - and much preferred the dining room, where our waiters were friendly and joked around with us, over the prim & proper non-personalized service. Just my opinion - most people I talked to loved Nick and Nora's. I'm just a little odd that way.

Grand Cayman: Wished we booked a tour, but didn't. My husband and I wanted a private tour of the island - but only taxi's there were the vans, and they wanted way more money than I was willing to pay for a couple hours...so we walked around the port. I'm not into shopping much - so my hubby got a wild hair and decided he wanted to rent a scooter... ARGHH!! I lasted about 20 minutes on the back of that scooter, before I was crying to go home!! Spent the rest of the day on the ship - enjoying the non-crowded pools and Horatios...

Cozumel: Went to Paradise Beach. Had booked the catamaran snorkeling trip - but since Carnival changed our departure time - I had concerns making it back to our tender to get on the ship. I'm an extreme worry wort... I'm sure we would have had PLENTY of time, but I'd have been so worried the whole time I wouldn't have enjoyed myself. Got to meet PB Tom while on the beach - which is an absolutely beautiful beach! We had our drinks and lunch served to us while we layed on the beach chairs... wonderful service! That was a GREAT day!

Belize: Went cave tubing with some roll call friends - with cave-tubing.com. I highly recommend it. Belize was our favorite stop! Yohnny and his group catered to all of us - it was wonderful!! Had a taste of Cashew wine....

Costa Maya: Went to Majuhla (spelling?) the little fisherman village. Did some shopping there, but the highlight was the massage on the beach. $20 for 45 minutes. Don't be alarmed like I was tho! :eek: I'm an extremely modest person, and went in for a massage, and the tents are all open, no sides. They get you to lay on the table, and the woman proceeds in peeling my shirt off over my head. I got kinda antsy - and she said, "No problem lady, you on da beach" My response was, "SO, I'M an American... I can't go topless on a public beach"... and she just laughed at me and took my bra off. 45 minutes later, I could have cared less that I was naked on a public beach... it was the best darned massage I've ever had!!! (and I get them a lot at home)

I hope all ya'll getting ready to sail have a great time, this was my first and am ready to go again!

TIP: Get to know your fellow cruise critic Roll Call friends - we all got to gether and had a great time with each other throughout the whole cruise.

Costa Maya: Went to Majuhla (spelling?) the little fisherman village. Did some shopping there, but the highlight was the massage on the beach. $20 for 45 minutes. Don't be alarmed like I was tho! :eek: I'm an extremely modest person, and went in for a massage, and the tents are all open, no sides. They get you to lay on the table, and the woman proceeds in peeling my shirt off over my head. I got kinda antsy - and she said, "No problem lady, you on da beach" My response was, "SO, I'M an American... I can't go topless on a public beach"... and she just laughed at me and took my bra off. 45 minutes later, I could have cared less that I was naked on a public beach... it was the best darned massage I've ever had!!! (and I get them a lot at home)

TIP: Get to know your fellow cruise critic Roll Call friends - we all got to together and had a great time with each other throughout the whole cruise.

I had a beach massage too and it was wonderful but I too was a bit uncomfortable too at first. First of all, I have never had a massage in my life then to top it off, a guy did mine. I felt a little funny when he took down the straps of my suit but after that I was so relaxed I didn't care. The other odd thing was my husband was sitting just a few yards away and here I am with this strange guy with his hands all over me.:eek: My husband couldn't have cared less tho. He's pretty laid back. My daughter also had a message but by a woman and my son had one by the same guy who did mine and he said that felt a bit odd. He would have preferred a woman.

Also, just like Deb said, get on a roll call and get to know everyone. Sue, Deb, and I were all on the roll call ahead of time along with many others and we just had a blast together.

I hope you had a great cruise! I leave on Saturday for the Miracle! Did you have good weather? Did you dine at Nick and Nora's? I'm thinking of making reservations for my mother's birthday......Any good advice?

My DH & I dined there. Yes we selected our own table when we made the reservation. I don't believe it would ever do it again. The food was displayed beautifully however the taste was not as good as that of the dinning room. We have eaten in many 5star restaurants & this is just not the same quality. Don't get me wrong, the ambiance was great, dim lights, music, etc., but as far as the food quality---not. The waiter/waitress were not really friendly at all. Very standoffish.

My DH & I dined there. Yes we selected our own table when we made the reservation. I don't believe it would ever do it again. The food was displayed beautifully however the taste was not as good as that of the dinning room. We have eaten in many 5star restaurants & this is just not the same quality. Don't get me wrong, the ambiance was great, dim lights, music, etc., but as far as the food quality---not. The waiter/waitress were not really friendly at all. Very standoffish.

Ginny, so glad you felt the same way I did...the only saving grace for us during our meal was we were sitting by the window and could see outside while we dined.

They get you to lay on the table, and the woman proceeds in peeling my shirt off over my head. I got kinda antsy - and she said, "No problem lady, you on da beach" My response was, "SO, I'M an American... I can't go topless on a public beach"... and she just laughed at me and took my bra off. 45 minutes later, I could have cared less that I was naked on a public beach.

Aw man. Deb was naked and I missed it? :D

I had a beach massage too and it was wonderful but I too was a bit uncomfortable too at first. First of all, I have never had a massage in my life then to top it off, a guy did mine. I felt a little funny when he took down the straps of my suit but after that I was so relaxed I didn't care. The other odd thing was my husband was sitting just a few yards away and here I am with this strange guy with his hands all over me.:eek: My husband couldn't have cared less tho. He's pretty laid back. My daughter also had a message but by a woman and my son had one by the same guy who did mine and he said that felt a bit odd. He would have preferred a woman.

Also, just like Deb said, get on a roll call and get to know everyone. Sue, Deb, and I were all on the roll call ahead of time along with many others and we just had a blast together.

I ALSO GOT A MESSAGE...FROM A LADY FOR $15 FOR 1/2 HOUR AND I HAD NO PROBLEM TAKING OFF MY SHIRT. DEB IS RIGHT...THAT WAS ONE HELL OF A MASSAGE...ALMOST COULDN'T WALK BACK TO MY CHAIR.:D

I ALSO GOT A MESSAGE...FROM A LADY FOR $15 FOR 1/2 HOUR AND I HAD NO PROBLEM TAKING OFF MY SHIRT.

:eek: You got a MESSAGE from a lady and you took off your shirt??? Well, heck, I'd have sent you a message if I knew you'd take your shirt off! :D

Sorry, Indy, I couldn't resist.

:eek: You got a MESSAGE from a lady and you took off your shirt??? Well, heck, I'd have sent you a message if I knew you'd take your shirt off! :D

OMG... I'm laughing so hard I can't breath!!! LOL LOL

I ALSO GOT A MESSAGE...FROM A LADY FOR $15 FOR 1/2 HOUR AND I HAD NO PROBLEM TAKING OFF MY SHIRT. DEB IS RIGHT...THAT WAS ONE HELL OF A MASSAGE...ALMOST COULDN'T WALK BACK TO MY CHAIR.:D

Indy,

Did you need a cigarette after???? :o

I had a massage on the beach and it was good but I was cold....The beach breeze made me chiily...I would have liked for her to cover my legs with a towel while she was working my back....

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I mean, it was only like 80 degree's that day and with the breeze it felt like 79 :eek:

Indy,

Did you need a cigarette after???? :o

I had a massage on the beach and it was good but I was cold....The beach breeze made me chiily...I would have liked for her to cover my legs with a towel while she was working my back....

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I mean, it was only like 80 degree's that day and with the breeze it felt like 79 :eek:

YOU SHOULD HAVE LET ME KNOW...I WOULD HAVE GIVEN ALL OF YOU LADIES MASSAGES FOR FREE. MY NAME JOSE JIMENEZ.:cool:

THAT IS HOW THEY SPELL IT IN INDIANA...I THENK.

Archived