How are the crowds onboard?

RNay

We would really like to try RCI next year with our three children, ages 11, 13, and 15. Will the kids be able to do all of the activities offered onboard (ice skating, rock wall climbing, etc.) without waiting in long lines?

Thanks for your input!

I've never had problems with crowd controls on Royal Caribbean ships, even on the Voyager class. That being said the rock wall and ice skating aren't open all the time so make sure to watch your Compass for the times if those are things that you really want to do. For ice skating, make sure to remember long pants and socks. For rock climbing, remember socks.

We have always cruised with our children and have done so mainly in Oct/Nov/Dec and there has never been a problem with respect to line ups. To tell you the truth I think they only did ice skating once but do rock climbing alot but I dont' recall line longer than about 5 or 6 people and they take 2 or three people at a time.

I would not be worried about lines, besides if there are lines, just come back another time.

My children have never said anything about waiting in lines so I think you'll be fine.

The longest lines are in the Windjammer for food:eek: LOL:D

We would most likely have to go when the kids are on spring break, last week of March, so there will be LOTS of kids. Thank you for your comments. I am assuming RCI handles the demand for those activities well, if they are offered. Good point about not being open all the time, thanks!

Any other tips for first time RCI'ers?

We would most likely have to go when the kids are on spring break, last week of March, so there will be LOTS of kids. Thank you for your comments. I am assuming RCI handles the demand for those activities well, if they are offered. Good point about not being open all the time, thanks!

Any other tips for first time RCI'ers?

I was on the Navigator OTS in August 2004. There were 800 - 900 kids and 3600 people total. Never had any problems and any lines there were were short (3 - 4 people). I had such a positive experence that I have talked my sister and brother-in-law into going on the Freedom in June 2007.

Archived