Air with Priceline.com

wogg88

Hi all,

I just booked my airfare with priceline. I was wondering ,since the flight is with 2 airline do they change your baggs from one to the other or do we have to go get them and do it ourselves. I have plenty of time to change our flights if we need to but I would like to put my mind to rest.:confused: :confused:

Thanks,

Paul

Hi all,

I just booked my airfare with priceline. I was wondering ,since the flight is with 2 airline do they change your baggs from one to the other or do we have to go get them and do it ourselves. I have plenty of time to change our flights if we need to but I would like to put my mind to rest.:confused: :confused:

Thanks,

Paul

Depends on which 2 airlines and airports. Examples: Southwest to AA in LAX-ABSOLUTELY NO, America West to AA in LAX-sometimes. I have personal experience with both of those routings (I fly them once a month). It truly depends on airline, airport, and if the agent want to cooperate.

Did you buy your Priceline tickets on a "bid" format? If so, NO changes allowed. Fixed price format-unless you purchased fully refundable or first/business class tickets-you may change the flights, but only with a change fee and the difference in fare.

since the flight is with 2 airline do they change your baggs from one to the other or do we have to go get them and do it ourselves.

If the 2 airlines are so-called "legacy" carriers, the answer to your question is YES. If Southwest is one of the airlines the answer is NO. Obviously, the number of other combinations is large. If you want to know in advance, check out the FAQ section at the airline's website or give them a call. Whatever you ultimately do, it is still useful at the check-in counter to ask whether your bags have been checked to your FINAL destination and, as a further check, examine the tags to visually confirm the answer.

If the 2 airlines are so-called "legacy" carriers, the answer to your question is YES. If Southwest is one of the airlines the answer is NO. Obviously, the number of other combinations is large. If you want to know in advance, check out the FAQ section at the airline's website or give them a call. Whatever you ultimately do, it is still useful at the check-in counter to ask whether your bags have been checked to your FINAL destination and, as a further check, examine the tags to visually confirm the answer.

America West/US Air will NOT interline luggage with AA in NY, LAX, PHX and DFW. They state their interline agreements DO NOT allow this. So much for legacy agreements.

Short answer (domestic):

1) If your airline is AA, UA, DL, NW, CO, or AS -- you will be able to interline your luggage as long as your travel is on one itinerary/ticket.

2) If on one of those above airlines and it is two separate tickets combined (purchased separately), then it is up to the kindness of the checkin agent for your first flight. There is no obligation for them to interline on separate tickets. (In other words, small chance of this happening)

3) If you are on US/HP -- you have special conditions as noted above.

4) If your airline is someone else (Southwest, AirTran, JetBlue etc), do not plan on being able to interline - these airlines operate outside the "interlining world" as distinct, separate entities on their own.

The ultimate answer is to check the airline website and get the specifics.

Good answer to OP's question, FlyerTalker. Makes one wonder if US pre-merger is typically considered a legacy carrier and HP is not, should one still use this designation for US post merger?

Good answer to OP's question, FlyerTalker. Makes one wonder if US pre-merger is typically considered a legacy carrier and HP is not, should one still use this designation for US post merger?

The new airline is most definitely aligned along the former HP axis - as corporate HQ is out in Tempe rather than at DCA. They kept the US name, but the operation is being run by the desert rats.

I would say that the new US has a legacy route structure, with a pricing/service structure leaning towards the LCC (LowCostCarrier) model. Of course, they still have legacy-type costs, which will make for interesting times ahead.

The real kickers are that the new stock symbol for the company is LCC!! And since the beginning of October, the stock has doubled in value.

I don't thing you have to worry about SW tickets from priceline.com. Last time I checked into it, Southwest does not participate in the Priceline bidding (maybe this has changed). I don't know about the other LCC carriers (Jetblue, Airtrain, Frontier, etc.). Chances are, if you buy a priceline ticket, it will be on airlines where you can interline your luggage (otherwise, why buy the ticket?).

Archived