Princess Transfer from Vancouver to Seattle?

joand452

Does Princess have a transfer from Vancouver to Seattle? We have reservations at a Seattle airport hotel that Saturday night for an early flight out Sunday morning. We thought we'd find our own way to Seattle later on departure day, but now think we'd like to sightsee more in Seattle. I know about the other bus, but I believe our TA has already booked the Princess transfer for us.

We always rent a one way car from Hertz, Alamo or Avis to go in either direction. It is usually anywhere between $60-$120 including drop fee. It is worth the peace of mind to have the car to go at your leisure. It is about 130 mile drive and is a straight shot. Best to book the rental as far out as possible and drop it off right at the airport in Seattle. :)

We always rent a one way car from Hertz, Alamo or Avis to go in either direction. It is usually anywhere between $60-$120 including drop fee. It is worth the peace of mind to have the car to go at your leisure. It is about 130 mile drive and is a straight shot. Best to book the rental as far out as possible and drop it off right at the airport in Seattle. :)

Any problems picking up in Canada and dropping in the US, or visa versa? I've tried that from Montreal to Vermont and was told it wasn't allowed due to security considerations. Thanks!

We have both rented a car and taken the shuttle back to Seattle. Both were very easy. There will be the one-way destination charge on the car but on the plus-side you will have the opportunity to travel as you like.

My kids are going to take the night train down in May. I've heard this is a nice trip - but due to work demands, we will be flying out of Vancouver.

Any problems picking up in Canada and dropping in the US, or visa versa? I've tried that from Montreal to Vermont and was told it wasn't allowed due to security considerations. Thanks!

Never had a problem, very smooth rental in both directions.

They have such a large movement of cars in both directions between Seattle and Vancouver especially during Alaska season. :)

Princess normally offers transfers from YVR to SEA. However, on my May 15th arrival on the Island into YVR .. THIS cruise does not offer transfers from YVR to SEA.. Princess says this is a repositioning cruise and is too early for them to start the transfers .. that subsequent cruises have them.

The train does leave later at night and gets to SEA a bit late so your day is spent sightseeing in YVR.

Quickshuttle http://www.quickcoach.com/ has port to SEA (and one hotel in Seattle downtown I think) tho their departure times from the port are a bit tight .. I thought it difficult to determine which one to catch. I also was told you need to RESERVE the one you want.

I am taking a shuttle (sharing with a group of others from Cruise Critic here) to SEA and then picking up a car and heading into town to go to a nice hotel. Hotels near SEA are kinda old and tired and boring. I too fought the 'what to do' options to the point of looking at Quick Shuttle and others who have bus and also personalized car service from YVR to SEA.

If I had the option, I would consider Princess transfers (call them or personalizer online) as it is a decent way to get to SEA. Then from SEA either a hotel shuttle or rental car is the best option.

BTW .. I always promote Thirteen Coins restaurant to anyone staying near SEA.. a 24 hour wonderful place for breakfast at 4am prior to your no-meal 7am plane trip! http://www.13coins.com/

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm going to call Princess to see if they'll have the SEA transfer running that day. They should; it will already be June by then. As much as I would enjoy the drive, DH doesn't particularly want to do it, especially if it's rainy. And I know he wants to go to the Music Experience in Seattle, so if we take the early transfer, we should have plenty of time to see that as well.

We're staying at the airport Hilton, and I'll keep the info on Thirteen Coins handy!

My parents used the Princess transfer from Vancouver to Seattle last year. It dropped them at Terminal 30--it was a one-night cruise from Seattle to Vancouver, so most people using the transfer service had parked at Terminal 30, so that's where most people wanted to be dropped off. But normally I think it goes to SeaTac. They said the transfer process was pretty smooth, since it was all done through the cruise line.

Archived