Just back from Liberty...

martdm

What dining tme and dining room did you have?

We had the 5:45pm dining time in the Silver Olympian Dining Room. We had requested 6:15pm but we also made a special table request and I think we were moved to the early seating to accomodate that request.

Can you tell me the prices for the internet access? I will be on the Liberty on 7/30/06. Is there a package price for unlimited use?

Because my husband owns his own business, he needs to use the internet every morning & evening to check in for a while so we ended up purchasing the 250 minutes for $100 plan, which came with an extra 20 minutes because we did it the first day. No unlimited use option that I found.

Here is the official pricing info from Carnival:

Internet Cafe Price List

Charges for the following services will be billed directly to guest's Sail and Sign Account as follows:

A one time activation fee is $3.95.

To obtain a temporary account while on board, the set-up charge is $3.95.

To print information, the charge is $.50-per page.

To utilize the service of the Internet Cafe, whether using a private workstation, renting a laptop or using the guest's personal laptop, the charge is:

$.75-per minute.

Block of Minutes (no refund for unused minutes):

3, 4 or 5 Day Cruise

30 minutes for $16.50 (.55 per minute).

60 minutes for $24.00 (.40 per minute).

7 Day Cruise or Longer

100 minutes for $55.00 (.55 per minute).

250 minutes for $100.00 (.40 per minute).

To rent a Wireless Internet Card for a guest's personal laptop, the rate is $10.00 per day. To rent a Laptop, the charge is $35.00 per day; optional insurance is $10.00 per day.

Thanks, that's exactly the reason we were asking. In addition to leaving the kids at camp in the US while we are cruising.

Thanks again for the detailed info.

Well it will definitely be a small price to pay to make sure you can keep in contact with what they are up to!

On a related note, an FYI for anyone with Cingular Wireless cell service: you can add their International plan to your service at no charge. This gave us connectivity from all the ports (Freeport, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya) and the ability to check in at home for $2.29/minute from Bahamas, $1.99/minute from Cayman Islands, and $.99/minute from Mexico.

MARTDM we were in room # 7381 and laurio was our cabin stewart he was gerat. Our room was made up 3x a day.Where was your/ cabin.

We have 7381 on the May 19th sailing. Glad to hear that your cabin stewart was great-hope we have the same one.

Anything else you could tell me??

It seems to me that a lot of people that have recently been on the Liberty are telling all they love about the their cruise, I love it!

Is there anyone reading this thread or has already posted on this thread that has had a Cat. 9A wrap around room that can give me some first hand experience on one of these rooms?

Thank-You in advance for this help!

You are going to LOVE the Liberty! I was on the April 1-9 Eastern Caribbean cruise. I was on the Lido deck (rm #9265). I never actually learned the whole "port" and "starboard" thing, but if you were standing with your back to the smokestack, facing the front of the ship, my room was on the right. As far as I can remember, I could see all the ports going in. I don't know if I just got lucky or if both sides were good views or what.

We did the regular disembarkation. Put out our luggage the night before, and had no problems. We actually waited around for our friends from lowers decks, but were still at the airport by 10. (Which was way too early for our 5:30 flight) Here's a hint if you have a late flight set up by a flighty TA like we did......the Ft. Lauderdale airport won't let you check in until at least 2 hours before your flight b/c of all the cruise traffic. However, curbside check-in can be done 4 hours before. So we ended up not able to go into the main part of the airport, with all our luggage, for 3 hours. You should have seen our row of luggage sitting down in baggage claim - the only available space! (there were 23 of us)

I, too, had a hard time finding my way around the ship. It was my first cruise and I was constantly lost. Decks 3 and 4 you can't go from one end to the other, so you're going up and back down - it was a mess!

This ship was so much fun! Have a super, super trip!

Archived