NCL Customer Service

macy115

Back in February while we were on our 2nd NCL cruise aboard the Spirit, my 16yo son(who is allergic to peanuts) ordered a chocolate chip cookie smoothie that he had ordered and enjoyed three or four times from the same bar on previous days. As soon as he took the first sip, he noticed a difference in the taste and with in a couple of minuets he started having an allergic reaction. My wife asked the bartender what was in the drink and he stated that he had ran out of chocolate chip cookies so he used peanut butter cookies. My wife then took my son to the onboard medical center and he was treated and the reaction was brought under control. As they were about to leave, she was asked for her card so that she could be billed for the medical service. When she told them that she felt that she should not be billed for a error made by the bartender, she was told that my son should have told the bartender that he was allergic to peanuts. She could not make them understand that he did not order anything with peanuts and had the same drink all week. Finally they got a supervisor to waive the medical fee.

When we returned home my wife wrote a letter to NCL to let them know about the situation. I told her not to expect a response because I had read so many negative things about their customer service. Within a week she receives a post card stating that they would investigate the incident and get back to her. We did not hear anything more from them so we figured that it was a dead issue. Today we received a letter from the coordinator of customer relations apologizing for the unprofessional service that we received along with a $400.00 onboard credit.

Back in February while we were on our 2nd NCL cruise aboard the Spirit, my 16yo son(who is allergic to peanuts) ordered a chocolate chip cookie smoothie that he had ordered and enjoyed three or four times from the same bar on previous days. As soon as he took the first sip, he noticed a difference in the taste and with in a couple of minuets he started having an allergic reaction. My wife asked the bartender what was in the drink and he stated that he had ran out of chocolate chip cookies so he used peanut butter cookies. My wife then took my son to the onboard medical center and he was treated and the reaction was brought under control. As they were about to leave, she was asked for her card so that she could be billed for the medical service. When she told them that she felt that she should not be billed for a error made by the bartender, she was told that my son should have told the bartender that he was allergic to peanuts. She could not make them understand that he did not order anything with peanuts and had the same drink all week. Finally they got a supervisor to waive the medical fee.

When we returned home my wife wrote a letter to NCL to let them know about the situation. I told her not to expect a response because I had read so many negative things about their customer service. Within a week she receives a post card stating that they would investigate the incident and get back to her. We did not hear anything more from them so we figured that it was a dead issue. Today we received a letter from the coordinator of customer relations apologizing for the unprofessional service that we received along with a $400.00 onboard credit.

Sorry to hear about what your son had to go through, I've found the same issue in land-based restaurants, where unlisted ingredients show up in food.

What you demonstrated here is the same thing that I found with NCL Cust. Svc..... they're slow, but they're generous when they eventually resolve issues.

Today we received a letter from the coordinator of customer relations apologizing for the unprofessional service that we received along with a $400.00 onboard credit.

Thankfully your son was able to obtain immediate attention, and the allergic reaction subsided quickly.

Thank you for posting this positive response from NCL. Very nice, indeed.

Macy115

I have found that if you contact NCL in writing, with a real issue, in a non-threatening manner, with real facts including times, dates, who, what, and where, etc., they will respond in a professional manner, usually in the favor of the passenger. I have had issues in the past, and have actually received a very nice reply from Colin Veitch the CEO as well as future compensation. I do believe NCL responds to real issues.;)

Archived