Ballroom Dancing on the Jewel?

HLR

Hello!

I will be on the Jewel's 12 night sailing from Barcelona to Istanbul on September 3rd, 2006. Can anyone tell me how much Ballroom Dancing there "might" be and where? Any experiences from recent cruises specifically on the Jewel would be appreciated!

We were on the Jewel in January. We did a European Cha-Cha lesson one evening (it was very good) :D and got in about an hour of ballroom another evening in the Spinakker Lounge. We could have danced every night, but it just wasn't available.

• 3 weeks later...

Live from the Jewel.....

Just to let you know we are into our 5th sea day and there has been ballroom dancing every single night...45 minute shifts with 15 minute breaks up in the Spinnaker Lounge every night. There's also a ballroom dancing lesson during the day sometime as well. I'll post more after we get home in another 9 days but that's what it's been up until now.

Wow!

Sounds like on a Transatlantic cruise you lucked out having a lot of ballroom dancing time! I guess as it is many days at sea....

It seems like during a port intensive sailing it is considerably less....

I will going on the Mediterranean cruise as a dance host...I wonder how much I will be working????

Howard

Hello!

I will be on the Jewel's 12 night sailing from Barcelona to Istanbul on September 3rd, 2006. Can anyone tell me how much Ballroom Dancing there "might" be and where? Any experiences from recent cruises specifically on the Jewel would be appreciated!

Watch your "Freestyle daily" times will be posted;)

Thanks...of course schedules change and keeping a eye on the dailies is a good idea...but...seeing that I will be "working" I would hope that they will give me a [tentative] schedule when I board and that they wouldn't leave it up to me to scour the dailies and "hope" that I show up! But then...that might be part of the fun!

The responses above did give some info...as well as I have already worked once on the Dream...which had limited dancing as the venues were small. The Jewel is a larger ship.

Howard

Archived