Atkins forum

mecb50

I have never bothered with the ketostix but i can tell if I'm in ketosis if I'm losing weight. Right now I'm staying right at the same spot so obviosly I'm still not there or the exercise is throwing me off. I did 45 minutes on the bike yesterday morning and another 20 last night while listening to my sister ramble on the phone. (She'd been to get treatment for a migraine and was talking in circles.:rolleyes: Not her normal self.)

Tami

All I know is the darker the colour the better ..lol...so I still have some work to do...

My problem is the eating at night...after dinner I tend to nibble...I have gone from chips to kettle cooked peanuts...1/3 cup is 7 grams of carbs...probably not something I should be doing on induction huh :(

I must get in the zone I must get in the zone I must get in the zone!

Any suggestions for a kick start...lol

Jo.

[quote name='jocountry']All I know is the darker the colour the better ..lol...so I still have some work to do...

My problem is the eating at night...after dinner I tend to nibble...I have gone from chips to kettle cooked peanuts...1/3 cup is 7 grams of carbs...probably not something I should be doing on induction huh :(

I must get in the zone I must get in the zone I must get in the zone!

Any suggestions for a kick start...lol

Jo.[/QUOTE]
Yes... go try on your bathing suit. that always works for me hahahaha

WellI finally had to go off induction. I just have too many ostomy problems with it. I had a big carby meal last night and now I'm back today with trying to keep it around 50 carbs. I'll have to see how that goes. I'm bummed that I can't go lower than that but my body chemistry changes enough that I can't keep a seal during induction. Trust me, that is a BAD thing!:mad:

Tami

WellI finally had to go off induction. I just have too many ostomy problems with it. I had a big carby meal last night and now I'm back today with trying to keep it around 50 carbs. I'll have to see how that goes. I'm bummed that I can't go lower than that but my body chemistry changes enough that I can't keep a seal during induction. Trust me, that is a BAD thing!:mad:

Tami

Tami, you should try Protein Power, we eat a few more carbs and more fruits and veggies and have the same results. It is NOT low fat like south beach.

Barbara- I actually have Protein Power and Protein Power Life Plan. I recommend PPLP to people all the time for active cases of autoimmune disease, heart disease and diabetes because it does such a good job of explaining insulin resistance. I need to re-read the actual breakdown of the plan part I guess. :o If I remember correctly it has about 50 carbs a day. Don't know why I didn't think of it.

Thanks!

Tami

Hello ladies,

This Protein Power, is there a website and is it free? I would like to be able to eat fruit and more carbs, and still get the same results :)

thanks,

Joanne

Yes it is free, there are several books, but the website has all the basics

http://www.proteinpower.com/forum

I lost 50 pounds initailly but gpot lazy and put back on 10. But I do love the basic lifestyle, I have just had carb creep.

Hubby and I have been on Atkins for 3 months now. We went on a 7 day cruise a month ago and he lost 3 lbs and I lost 2. So you can cruise and lose. We just ask that the breadbasket be removed, the waiters weren't sure how to handle that. They kept trying to give it back. Anyway there was lots to eat and we used the gym. We are still losing so it does work. Hope everyone has a great cruise. We are on the NCL Dream May 07 and hope to be at our goal by then. He has 55 more lbs to lose and I have 65. We are both going to lose 100 lbs. Vicki

Jocountry- I initally got the Protien Power books from the library before deciding to buy them and then purchased them on Ebay and at HalfPriced books. I recommend reading them both as there's alot of good information in them. If your primary goal is weight loss then start with Protein Power. If your primary goal is better health then start with Protein Power Life Plan.

Tami

hahaha! Exactly....and to think in 5 months I will be walking around in public in my bathing suit......omg......ok.....a little reality.....thats it!!!!

Hey Robyn, your ticker is so cute........I love it!

Jo.

thank you :)

its a pain in the butt, the weight loss one [if thats the one you meant, i assume] is a pain because i have to go and change it everytime my weight changes haha.

by the way.. i have to get in a bathing suit in 3 days :O hahaha

RE: Bathing suits in public. I decided a long time ago that I was going to be comfortable. I even wear a 2 piece to the beach because they are more convenient. My theory is if people don't want to see my scars or fat thighs they can move on down the beach!:D

Tami

RE: Bathing suits in public. I decided a long time ago that I was going to be comfortable. I even wear a 2 piece to the beach because they are more convenient. My theory is if people don't want to see my scars or fat thighs they can move on down the beach!:D

Tami

I too wear a two piece, because i feel that if i wear a one piece that it is obvious to everyone else how much i dont want to be in a bathing suit at all. haha

My only issue I run into now with a 2 piece is that I don't care for boy short bottoms because they creep. When I was wearing a 2X bottom I could find all sorts of regular bottoms that were full to the waist. Now that I'm in regular Misses' sizes I'm having a heck of a time. They all want to do tankini tops and low rise bottoms. I have an ostomy bag so I need the EXACT OPPOSITE! I want a high rise bottom and smaller top. My scars show that I'm a survivor and I don't care if people see them but no one really needs to see my bag.:rolleyes:

The last couple of seasons I've actually had to order a suit from Newport news catalog just to find one that would work.

Tami

Hey ladies!

I have a delicate question...lol

Is it normal to have more ..shall we say.. to be more "regular" on this diet.

I have to "visit" at least 3 times before I leave the house at 08:30.

When I am on carbs it is definately max 1 a day...

It feels like everything is moving through my system with lightening speed..lol.....

Is it just me?

Jo

• 2 weeks later...

This thread seems to have died as quickly as it was resurrected.

So, how is everyone doing? Those who went on induction several weeks ago and could stay on it should be past the tough part by now. Did everyone give up?

I'm still low-carbing, but these pounds are coming off very slowly now. I did manage to lose about four pounds over the last month.

Hi luvcruzing (and everyone else :)

I am still here...lol....I am one of the ones just started last month, and am down 6 lbs...........but this week has been REALLY bad.....so I wouldn't be surprised if I am back up (afraid to look)...lol....

It's bazaar, when you work so hard and so long and manage to see results, and then sabatoge yourselft by eating crap ...... what is the secret to stay in the zone????

Jo

I haven't done so well with staying low carb right now. It's headache season for me and the low carb seems to be adding to instead of taking away from my headaches. I have been working on staying away from sugars though as much as possible. I changed up my workout routine this week which seems to have me up a pound. don't know whether it's because I'm hungrier or retaining water. Hopefully I drop it and some of it's buddies soon.

Tami

I don't know of any secret to staying in the zone and away from carbs. I know that when I started on Atkins, I cheated very little the first few months and lost weight very quickly. It's been the last year that I've "rewarded" myself (for all my hard work) at family gatherings and while on vacation. I can only tell you that I was tired of looking the way I looked, and that kept me motivated.

As far as the question about being more "regular," I found the opposite to be true. And I think that is the norm. Atkins even recommends taking psyllium husk tablets or powder for regularity, which I did for awhile. However, I found that what works best for me is a handful of pistachios each day. Plus, it's nice to have something salty to much on.

I've been sooooooooooo busy!

We had the cruise, then my birthday, then a wedding, now school starting and another wedding in seattle this weekend! Its been so nuts!!

I must say, I did very well with the food portion of the cruise. However I hadn't been on vaca in 2+ years so I drank all my sugary alcoholic beverages as a pleased. On the plus side, I only gained 2lbs on my cruise haha..

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT....

I've been so bad lately, no problem with the sugar and sweets, but I had rice a few times and a sub last week :X so I am up 2 MORE lbs, so a total of 4, so really im only down 7-8 lbs which isnt bad considering my goal is to lose 20.

This is our last wedding of the season (the 6th wedding this summer) so I hope to get back on track shortly.

Well my first cruise was great! I really wanted to try out Quest, but it was on the last night and we almost missed getting our luggage out on time so we didn't quite make it. Everyone was so so friendly. We luckily had great tablemates.. (Hello Mitch and Lindsay if your out there!) ya we were sat at a table for 4, not bad. I'll have to get some pictures up soon.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm doing great with exercise. 4-5 days a week with cardio and weight training 2-3 but terrible on low carb so I'm trying to stay away from sugar and counting calories right now. I just needed to do something different for a while and September is a bad month for me with several festivals in town AND my 40th birthday. Plus for some bizarre reason I've been craving sushi like a fiend.:rolleyes:

I'm still checking in here when there are new posts though.

Tami

Welcome back, Robyn. Glad you had a great time on your first cruise. I don't blame you for having those sugary drinks. I always treat myself to at least one pina colada and strawberry daquiri when I'm on vacation.

Six weddings in one season and the next one is in Seattle? How could you even afford to go on a cruise?

Theresa

Archived