San Juan 11/10/06-via Price Line

OC PAT

I have been trying for 2 months to get a resort hotel for this pre-cruise night via Price Line.. The Caribe Hilton for 65 dollars has been booked for this date by many. I believe there is a quota problem. I did get the post cruise night for that amount. Yes, I went to the bidding assist. sites., asked in different places in cruise critic and it is not going to happen for me at 65 dollars. So my question is has anyone gotton a resort hotel recently for this date and for how much? I believe I am going to have to go over a 105 dollars and would appreciate anyone 's informative success. If you booked 2 months ago for this night you got Caribe Hilton and you can't help me. Yes, the Caribe shows they have vacancies. I am so frustrated. I understand if I go 3 star I will be out way too far from Old San Juan. Thank you!

OC PAT

I have been trying for 2 months to get a resort hotel for this pre-cruise night via Price Line.. The Caribe Hilton for 65 dollars has been booked for this date by many. I believe there is a quota problem. I did get the post cruise night for that amount. Yes, I went to the bidding assist. sites., asked in different places in cruise critic and it is not going to happen for me at 65 dollars. So my question is has anyone gotton a resort hotel recently for this date and for how much? I believe I am going to have to go over a 105 dollars and would appreciate anyone 's informative success. If you booked 2 months ago for this night you got Caribe Hilton and you can't help me. Yes, the Caribe shows they have vacancies. I am so frustrated. I understand if I go 3 star I will be out way too far from Old San Juan. Thank you!

OC PAT

You got an exceptional deal at $65 post-cruise. Have you tried bidding a little higher? If it were me, I would try bidding...maybe up to $100 right now. $100 is still a great deal....or I would book a cancellable room and continue to try Priceline. A couple years ago I got the Caribe Hilton just a week before my stay...after trying for several months. I would think November would be off season, but it's hard to say, could be a wedding or convention on that date.

Actually the 65 dollar rate is what everyone got for that specific date. Folks who are going on my cruise have booked that night for 65 dollars. Other dates before the holidays have also gone for 65; that is why I think there is a quota problem. I have bid as far as $105.00 and now I am trying to figure what the going rate will be for the next resort hotel and for that mattter what Priceline Hotel is being used since the Caribe's quota has been met. I am trying to determine at what point I should just book direct. Thanks for your input.

OC PAT

Actually the 65 dollar rate is what everyone got for that specific date. Folks who are going on my cruise have booked that night for 65 dollars. Other dates before the holidays have also gone for 65; that is why I think there is a quota problem. I have bid as far as $105.00 and now I am trying to figure what the going rate will be for the next resort hotel and for that mattter what Priceline Hotel is being used since the Caribe's quota has been met. I am trying to determine at what point I should just book direct. Thanks for your input.

OC PAT

Have you checked out Hotwire??? There is a 3* for $97 which appears to be the Radisson and 3 1/2* for $137...which I could not pinpoint. Just another option. I personally would book a cancellable and keep trying Priceline. Another hotel that comes up often is the Marriott. We stayed in February. I think it was about $100.

I want to figure out how much to bid to get the Marriot for Nov. which is the low rate season before Thanksgiving. I know 105 doesn't do it. I wonder if the quota is pretty much filled on 11/10 for all the resorts. It is wierd because it is over 6 months away! I have looked at other sites including HotWire without too much success. I will continue to try. Please if anyone gets a room via Priceline for 11/10 in San Juan let me know. I will continue to monitor PriceLine and the assist. sites. Thanks for you help.

OC PAT

Guest cruzr44

Does the Caribe Hilton usually come up on Priceline if you pick resort? Are there other resorts you could get? Also, would this be close to where Adventure of the Seas docks? Guess I'll get searching and try to answer some of my own questions.... TIA

Yes, when bidding on Resorts...in the fall for sure for 65 dollars. I do believe it's about 10 min. by cab from the pier. A good source here is to go to the San Juan ports in Cruise Critic.

OC PAT

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked a pre-cruise stay at Caribe for $138 through Hotwire for 11/28. They list it as a 3.5 star. I tried Priceline first, but no success. Wish I had gotten $65. I guess it's how you look at it. When I first started planning I looked at booking throught the hotel direct, travleocity, or Hotels.com. All were quoting $225. When I saw $138, I thought it was a steal...that is until I started reading through CC.

I've been trying for the end of Feb. for awhile now, could it be that I am going for 3 nights precruise???:confused: I have gone up to 120.00 and have been rejected each time. Thanks!!! You got a great deal for March!!!!!!!!!!:)

I have been trying on priceline for 2 rooms checking in Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2007 and checking out Friday, Feb. 2 and have bid as high 110.00 per night and that has not been accepted. I have been trying every 24 hours for at least 2 weeks.

We had no trouble getting two rooms for 2 nights for our 2006 cruise--- bid $95.00 for March 11,2006-March 13,2006 and the first bid was accepted.

I am getting a little nervous for our 2007 cruise since we have the airfare already booked through Travelocity and the cruise already booked but no hotel rooms yet through priceline!! I thought it may just be to far out to get the rooms but then I saw that alot of people have had no trouble getting rooms for Jan, Feb., and March of 2007.

I want to figure out how much to bid to get the Marriot for Nov. which is the low rate season before Thanksgiving. I know 105 doesn't do it. I wonder if the quota is pretty much filled on 11/10 for all the resorts. It is wierd because it is over 6 months away! I have looked at other sites including HotWire without too much success. I will continue to try. Please if anyone gets a room via Priceline for 11/10 in San Juan let me know. I will continue to monitor PriceLine and the assist. sites. Thanks for you help.

OC PAT

Does not look good for the Marriott. Checking their site....there are no rooms available 11/10. I would book a cancellable back up. Don't give up...two years ago my bid was finally accepted two weeks before our stay.

It was $136 before taxes and fees, $168 after.

El Consulado is a neat little hotel in San Juan. The rooms are all tiled and

quite large. It used to be the Spanish Embassy in Puerto Rico. We were

there in Feb.06 and also in March right after our cruise. It was a little

over $100 a night. It's about a 10 minute cab ride to the cruise dock

and about the same to Old San Juan. It's a good choice and you won't

have to choke your wallet to stay there.

Dave Hansen

I got the caribe hilton as a pre-cruise through my travel agent and it was part of the whole deal with our Destiny Southern Caribbean cruise.

What is the Caribe Hilton like, does anyone know? Also -- is it near the place where the boat (Carnival Destiny)docks?

We're first time cruisers!

Thanks!

Archived