Balcony guarantees?

I was one of the lucky ones. I just booked my cruise on the Explorer of the Seas sailing June 16, 2006 for a very low $965 after diamond discount. It's my first "summer" cruise. I booked a balcony guarantee X (E1/2). As a DIAMOND member, I was wondering what my chances were of moving to a higher deck or room category? Does anyone have experience with guarantees? By the way I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!! Whose coming with me?

There are lots and lots of DIAMOND members here on Cruise Critic. We have never been upgraded with a guarantee, have you? We can always hope though. Have a wonderful time on your cruise!:D

Our last cruise mates booked "run of the ship", were put on the 4th deck, OV, then once on the ship, upgraded to 9th fl. balcony!!!! It does happen, but no guarantees! (By the way, this was their 1st cruise--no C & A status whatsoever!)

Do you find it strange that there is almost no activity on this thread? The last few cruises we were on (after I discovered these boards), there was so much activity. Where is everybody????? Do you think there is another thread somewhere? The ship is almost completely sold out. I think I'll scan for another thread. If there is one, maybe they can merge them together.

If anybody else is out there, let us know!

I just reduced my EOS rate by $250 and went from an interior to a balcony guarantee. I was assigned the next day to deck 6. I was quite happy, I don't expect to get moved now that I have a cabin number.

I had thought about booking the EOS on the June 16th sailing over a year ago (there is a large group of friends and extended family sailing on that cruise), and to book a interior for 4 and have my daughter booked in with her Godmother it would have cost us over $6000! Of course we decided not to go, but now I'm beginning to realize the longer you wait to book the better.

Who knows, maybe we'll end up on the June 16th too!!!! I could only wish

:D .

Archived