hookedup, Are you planning for another cruise?

Suncoaster

Hi hookedup,

Just wondering if you are planning to do another cruise?

How was it sailing from Brisbane?

We live down the bottom of the hill from you, and see the ships sailing past us every day, plus seeing them close when we go out fishing.

We have just returned from 11 days on the Pacific Sun, and though we wanted to go from Brisbane, Sydney was great to sail from.

Our next cruise will probably be 18mths to 2 years away, waiting till our daughter reaches 18 (something tells me that is probably not the wisest move) or till she is settled working then it will be just hubby and me.

Val

..... waiting till our daughter reaches 18 (something tells me that is probably not the wisest move) or till she is settled working then it will be just hubby and me.

Val[/quote

We're planning on going BEFORE our son turns 18. I'm not keen on going just as he turns 18. He wanted us to wait but we told him that we'd rather do it before & then maybe when he's about 20/21 (with a bit more life experience) then he should go with his mates. Besides, it's going to be hard enough waiting 18mths - 2yrs, I certainly don't want to wait 3 yrs.

Karen

Sounds sensible, before 18 then 20 to 21.

But when our girl turns 18 she will have been out of school over 9 mths, so maybe she will be able to pay her own way, or at least some of it.

Maybe she will bring a friend along, she has a friend from primary school days who may be interested, the thought of two teenagers in the cabin with us, is a terrifying thought..

Steve is still on antibiotics for his leg, and is not allowed to go in sea water yet, so I'm afraid he is still not overjoyed at the thought of going back on a cruise yet, but by another 18mths - 2yrs he will have forgotten about it. (I hope).

Val

Hi Suncoaster. I think cruising is great and quite an affordable family holiday.

Hubby and I previously cruised the Southern Caribbean in Sept 04 on an absolutely amazing ship - the Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas with rock climbing wall on deck, ice skating rink, golf simulator, full size basketball court etc and 3800 passengers (but you wouldn't know it). This cost us $700 AUD each. Very affordable, apart from getting over there, but it was our 10th wedding anniversary and a special treat.

In comparison Pacific Star was extremely different, but we knew that and did not make comparisons whilst on board, we expected what it was and we took our girls 3 and 6 years, and it was just great to experience it with them too.

Definately cruising again, the Pride of Hawaii is of interest to me around the Hawaiian Islands. It works out about $1000 AUD for 7 nights and if you can time it with cheap flights its ideal. Anyone wanting the websites for cheap cruises outside Australia, please email me for info. hookedup@iprimus.com.au

Oh of course the Greek isles would be good. I could go on and on.

Archived