St. Petersburg, Russia

m&I

I have read in the past about different ways to see St. Petersburg. Has anyone gone with Red October or DenRus? What is the best way to go? With one of these companies, another company, or the ship excursion package?

Any input would be appreciated.

Dear m&I,

If you will scroll down to the "Ports" section of this wonderful board and hit on Baltic Ports, you will see many posts about this subject. We used Red October in 2003 and loved our private tour.

Hi: We did a two day private tour with Red October last August. It was perfect in every way. When we go back will use them again.The second day we told them that we wanted to be back a little earlier just to be sure with traffic we didn't miss the ship.

Den Rus is excellent also. We used them last year and had a wonderful time -- probably our best tour ever. I didn't plan the excursion myself (we went with another party), but I've heard others say that Den Rus is sometimes more flexible with putting together an itinerary. I'd suggest you contact both groups and then decide what works best for you.

Archived