South Beach Dieters Group Meet Here!

WeirdEyes

PG, my dog also gets upset when the suitcases come out. Last trip, he kept putting his ball in one of the suitcases. His ball is his pride and joy. It was sooo funny! He's like our baby and I miss him terribly when we're away. He stays with his "Memaw" though and she loves him almost as much as I do.

Don't those little pets just break our hearts. Pepper actually climbed on top of the clothes in the suitcase and lied down with his little nose pointed away from me and into the corner. If I could I would just take him with me. He will be staying at home with his people brother & sister. So he will not be lonely.

Vicky

LOL! I wish my dogs would sit on our clothes in our suitcases, it would make them easier to close! We have 2 absolutely beautiful Bernese Mountain Dogs, 100lb and 115lb. They wig out when we leave too. If they see suitcases by the door, they block the door so we can't get out without them. Then they don't leave our side when we get back.

I made the key lime cheesecake. It took two slices, but now Im hooked. I think I will try equal instead of Splenda next time. I still don't like the aftertaste.

I'm down a pound since Monday. Friday will be my weigh in day, so I'll keep you posted.

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Hi everyone - just checking in - Lots of new people here! WELCOME to all.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]We went out of town for the holiday and I am just getting back into my normal routine - did okay on my WOE and lost 1lb this week but I could have done better.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]I really can't complain about 17lbs in 4.5 weeks but I am very impatient and we only have 58 days until our cruise :) - I would like to lose another 10-15lbs before then. [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Tami - happy belated birthday! Sorry I missed it![/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]TGIF!! Have a great weekend everyone.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Kathy[/color][/font]

Hi, everybody,

I tried the SBD tomato sauce recipe yesterday so I could make a low carb version of chicken parmegian. Everybody really liked it. I substituted the basil and red pepper for a little Italian seasoning blend and a touch of paprika, and added a sprinkle of parm. cheese. I browned the chicken breasts in a little bit of olive oil and garlic, then put them in a baking dish, sprinkled on a little more parm., some part skim mozzarella and then the sauce. Covered and baked at 350 for 3-35mins. So good. I didn't miss the breading I used to use at all, and neither did the rest of the family. I did make pasta for the others, but DH and I didn't miss is it.

DH and I went to the grocery together this afternoon. It took us so long to buy a small number of items since we had to read every label! We're both looking forward to a slice of whole wheat toast with breakfast tomorrow. I wanted to add a grapefruit for my first carb in Phase 2 (or 1 1/2), but at $1.50 each for a rather small one I decided not to get it. I'll try a different grocery store.

Tami, those fried candy bars (Milky Way, Snickers, etc.) are a huge hit at our annual fall festival, along with fried Twinkies, Oreos, etc.) I haven't tried any of them since I didn't think the originals could be improved on. My weaknesses at that festival has always been the corn dogs and/or Pronto Pups, funnel cakes and cotton candy. You've got to search long and hard to find anything low carb or remotely healthy there, so we may just skip it this year.... or go back on Phase 1 for several days (??).

Shae

As you will notice in my signature I have only 14 days till cruise time. I must stay focused and work very hard at South Beach until then. Would love to lose another 2 lbs...but would settle for 1lb. All my cloths fit just right..no room to gain, but I could lose a little and they would still be fine. Wish me luck..

When you go to the fair, just ask for a hotdog on a stick..like they use for corn. Dip it in a little mustard or hotsauce and voila...it is yummy...or a smokie would also work. just don't eat the bun. Or have them put it in a chip dish and smother it with onions, cheese and mushrooms. A diet cola and you are set.

I am going to sit down and make a two week plan of eating and exercising. Good luck to you all and keep posting those recipes...I love them.

Vicky

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=seagreen]Vicky...only 14 days til cruising...lucky you!:) Good luck with the weight loss. Have fun on your cruise.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#2e8b57][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#2e8b57]Rose[/color][/size][/font]

Vicky, good luck getting those extra 2 lbs off. I also hope you have a wonderful cruise! BTW, you might want to take a few pieces of clothing that are a little too big for the end of the cruise. I did and it really helped me cause I gained 4 lbs on my cruise. I wish mine cruise was only 14 days out, but then, I wouldn't be able to get rid of the last 15-20 lbs I need to lose. Again, good luck! :D

Hi, Vicky,

Lucky you leaving in 14 days for your cruise. I bet you'll be able to lose those last 2 lbs.

Thanks for the suggestions regarding the hot dogs. Actually, I do like plain hot dogs (don't like any condiments) so having them put one on a stick might make it a bit more fun. All the food is from tiny little booths set up by various organizations... about 110 of them and all profits go to various local charities so I'd really rather not skip going. They all usually "specialize" in just one or two items like breaded tenderloins at one, corn dogs or hot dogs at another, etc. I'll just have to make it my challenge to look for low carb options. Maybe I can bring along a Chinette plate and sturdy plastic silverware and do a bread-less Philly cheesesteak.

Tried the SB "Wholesome Oat Muffins" recipe this morning for my one carb. Not bad at all. Nice change from a veggie omelet.
Shae

Hi all. I "cheated" and stepped on the scale this morning. I am officially down 2.6lb in a week. I guess I ended up doing phase 1 1/2 because by the end of the week I ran out of non-carb ideas and had scallops florentine over linguine for dinner on Friday, then yesterday I had some coffee ice cream that I thought was LC, and it was delicious. Then I found out it wasn't low carb. Darn. It was really good!

I didn't exercise yesterday, but I clean the house from 10am to 5pm, so I think that counts! Today I have been canning tomato sauce, so I havent had time to eat. I am sharing the bottle of red wine between me and the sauce though :). And my friends who are here helping me.

Vicky: Think positively! Even if you don't get those last 2 pounds off, think of how well you have done. The Radience is a beautiful ship. My favorite spot was in the Calcutta Lounge (I think that is the name of it), it is an Indian inspired room with a beautiful inlaid wooden floor at the back of the ship. You can sit on the window sill behind the bar area and watch the ships wake. It is so beautiful. That whole area is nice, it starts with the Schooner bar, then goes into the lounge where the pool tables and backgammon tables are, then into the lounge. The whole area is very elegant, lots of woods and velvets, beautiful light fixtures, very subdued. The back "wall" is all windows, and the room actually juts out over the ocean a little, so the view is amazing.

Ok, now I want to go back on that ship again! It is a tossup between that ship and the Norwegian Dawn for my favorite so far.

Back to my tomato sauce!

[quote name='irislady']

Tami, those fried candy bars (Milky Way, Snickers, etc.) are a huge hit at our annual fall festival, along with fried Twinkies, Oreos, etc.) I haven't tried any of them since I didn't think the originals could be improved on. My weaknesses at that festival has always been the corn dogs and/or Pronto Pups, funnel cakes and cotton candy. You've got to search long and hard to find anything low carb or remotely healthy there, so we may just skip it this year.... or go back on Phase 1 for several days (??).

Shae[/QUOTE]

Shae,

Fried Twinkies hold no mystique for me like the snickers. I don't like twinkies in the first place. Now if the start frying dingdongs we could be in trouble! :eek: I was never a corn dog kinda girl either. However, the polish sausage with peppers, onions and mustard calls my name even though I can't really stomach them anymore. Now it's more like a hotdog and grilled onions with cheap yellow mustard.

When I do go and try to stay on WOE I look for shishkabobs or gyros. I love gyros anyway so it's not a big deal to make that switch. The flat bread is better than alot of things or many of the booths we saw this year would sell it as a salad. This year they were selling chicken, lamb, and veggie.

Tami

[quote name='debinnh']Hi all. I "cheated" and stepped on the scale this morning. I am officially down 2.6lb in a week. I guess I ended up doing phase 1 1/2 because by the end of the week I ran out of non-carb ideas and had scallops florentine over linguine for dinner on Friday, then yesterday I had some coffee ice cream that I thought was LC, and it was delicious. Then I found out it wasn't low carb. Darn. It was really good!

I didn't exercise yesterday, but I clean the house from 10am to 5pm, so I think that counts! Today I have been canning tomato sauce, so I havent had time to eat. I am sharing the bottle of red wine between me and the sauce though :). And my friends who are here helping me.

Vicky: Think positively! Even if you don't get those last 2 pounds off, think of how well you have done. The Radience is a beautiful ship. My favorite spot was in the Calcutta Lounge (I think that is the name of it), it is an Indian inspired room with a beautiful inlaid wooden floor at the back of the ship. You can sit on the window sill behind the bar area and watch the ships wake. It is so beautiful. That whole area is nice, it starts with the Schooner bar, then goes into the lounge where the pool tables and backgammon tables are, then into the lounge. The whole area is very elegant, lots of woods and velvets, beautiful light fixtures, very subdued. The back "wall" is all windows, and the room actually juts out over the ocean a little, so the view is amazing.

Ok, now I want to go back on that ship again! It is a tossup between that ship and the Norwegian Dawn for my favorite so far.

Back to my tomato sauce![/QUOTE]
You are making me even more excited. I am proud of the loss and I am proud of all of us to keep on helping each other out. When I get back I am going to go right on to phase 1 and get rid of those cruise lbs I know I will gain.:cool:

[quote name='PGcruiser']Thanks all, I will have a few outfits to wear from before losing...so I am covered if I gain.

I am going to check out the Cunnard Line...but wonder how to walk a dog on a cruise ship:o[/QUOTE]I was wondering where you would walk the dog on the ship also. Is there a "potty room" for dogs? :D

I can sort of answer this question. My husband and I cruise with his guide dog for the blind who walks with my husband anywhere on the ship that he wants. The cruiseline provides him with a large (about 3 x 3) box filled with sand or dog litter. They put it in a secluded area where there is not much traffic.

I believe that since Cunard is set up for animal passengers they have a specific walking area for dogs near the kennels. You have to visit your animal there and they do not have free run of the ship.

BTW, our dog loves to cruise. :D

Well, one camping trip is down and one to go. The first was not good for my weight though and I'm mad because I walked at least 5 miles every day. I was starving the whole time though. Probably remnants of my birthday feast, although I'm always very hungry when we camp.

I'm not going to re-attempt to do my second week of phase one right now. It's just too much of a PITA while I'm camping, hiking and going down river. I end up starving and cranky. So, I'm going to stick to phase 2 and save phase 1 for when I get home. Hopefully I'll at least maintain this week since we'll be doing all kinds of hiking and walking. If nothing else it gives me a good kickoff to my "back to serious exercise" campaign. :rolleyes:

Tami

There is another thread about what to snack on..at those hungry times or in front of TV. I posted this stuff as it helps me alot.

I make a big pot of green tea...drink the whole pot and make myself some healthy nibbles.
I am on South Beach...so these are more for that style of eating:

Celery stuffed with:

deviled egg (1 hard boiled egg mashed with chopped onion tsp of mayo and salt and pepper,
light cream cheese plain or with a trace coating of jalepeno jelly,
lite cheese whiz,
Peanut butter.

Lettuce wrapped with:

cream cheese,
sandwich meat(turkey/chicken based)
sandwich spread of any kind.
tuna salad
salmon salad
egg salad

Pick me up foods:

Cherry tomatoes
sliced cucumber
mushrooms
olives
pickles
almonds
pecans
peanuts
celery
any vege cut in pieces (No carrots or corn) for us carb eliminators

And the list goes on and on

Do you mind if I join you? I've been on Atkins for a while and although I lost 9 lbs, I got stuck. :confused: So I thought I'd try SB again. I've had the book for over a year now and gave it a half-hearted try before but my heart wasn't in it. Now I'm motivated. :D

I have one question though. In Phase 1, there is a list of approved foods. Are those the ONLY foods that are allowed? I was wondering about onions. OK or not?

BTW - I was reading about all your furry pals. We lost Taffy, our 17 year old cockapoo last March. Well - the house was far too empty so we broke down and got a new puppy last month. Her name is Sushi and she's half Shih Tzu and half Lhasa Apso. She's now 8 weeks old and is up from 1.5 lbs to 4 whole lbs! :eek: An eating machine, to be sure. :D

Beth

Hey Beth!!! So glad you are joining us. Your puppy sounds adorable!!! I'd love to see pictures. I have a Shihpoo (half Shih Tzu/half Poodle) and he is the best dog I've ever had. He's soooo sweet and adorable. He turned 6 on 9/11. I love my little baby. ;)

Beth, e-mail me the picture at [email="weirdeyes@hotmail.com"]weirdeyes@hotmail.com[/email]. :D

I'm not sure if I'll be able to weigh in tomorrow or not. The hurricane is on its way and we might not have power. Also, if it is storming real bad, I will unplug my PC. Thank goodness they've closed our office tomorrow and possibly Friday.

Archived